Conversation Essentials 1.0.1
This add-on adds vital functions and features for viewing and managing personal conversations.
This is the feature rich version of the basic Conversation Manager
- Easily see conversation participants. Conversation participants will now be visible in both the conversation list and the inbox popup menu. In the conversation list, the participants may be displayed as either usernames or avatars, and can easily be switched via a toggle. An overlay with all the participants is also available. Should a conversation have more participants than can be displayed, a '... and x more' link will be available to you which opens an overlay with a list of all the participants. See image #1
- Easily see who has left a conversation permanently. Participant who have left a conversation permenantly (ie will never receive further responses), are now displayed with a strikethrough their username and an X at the top right corner of their avatar. This is invaluable information as before you did not know whether a participant will ever see/read your message. If all participants have left a particular conversation, the reply box will now be hidden to prevent sending out a message that no one will ever see/read. See image #2
- Multiple conversations manipulation. All conversations now have a checkbox beside their title, allowing for the selection of multiple conversations to be processed inline all at once. Actions that may be performed inline are: See image #3
- Leave a conversation
- Stick / unstick
- Mark read / unread
- Lock / unlock
- Prefixes. This option provides certain usergroups the ability to create their own prefixes and assign them to their conversations for easy referencing. Conversations are searchable by prefix. See images #9 - 12
- Participant groups. This option provides certain usergroups with the ability to create Participant Groups. These groups of multiple recipient names are then available via a dropdown menu when starting a new conversation. This is a great time saver when you often need to start a conversation with the same group of people such as your forum staff. See images #4, and #5
- Inbox size limit. This option allows you to set a limit to the size of the inbox for certain usergroups. A visual percentage bar and text is displayed on the conversation list page, giving your members a clear indication of exactly how much space they have left in their inbox. Once the limit is reached, the user is prevented from starting or receiving new conversations. Should a member be blocked from receiving a conversation, they will get an alert indicating that person X has tried to contact them but could not get through due to their inbox being full. See top right corner of images #2 and #3
- Auto respond to conversation starter. With this option, your members are able to set an auto response message to new conversations they receive while on vacation. Each member can set a start date, an end date, and the message that will be automatically posted for them whenever they receive a new conversation. See image #7
- Sticky a conversation. Conversations can now be set as Stickies. A Sticky ensures the conversation will always remain at the top of the list. See images #2 and #3
- Locked conversations display a 'locked' icon as well provide the appropriate status text when viewing the conversation. See image #2
- Inbox popup last poster avatar. The inbox popup menu has an option to display the avatar of the last poster (instead of the default conversation starter). See image #6
- Last message preview. With this option, when conversation titles on the conversation list page are hovered, a preview of the last message will display. See image #8
- This add-on does not alter any of the XenForo conversation MySQL tables, which means it can easily be installed on large boards.
The price is only $40 and entitles you to use this add-on on one (1) XenForo installation only.
Payment by PayPal only. Once purchased, this add-on may not be resold, redistributed, or copied in whole or in part.
Please contact me via PC for further details. Thank you.
Due to the large amount of features this add-on provides, it requires seven template edits. However, thankefully all you have to do is copy and paste the new templates overwriting the old ones.
Template edits are commented and are displayed in bold text so you may easily see what changes were made.
- Upload the contents of the 'Upload/js' folder to the 'js' folder on your server
- Upload the contents of the 'Upload/library' folder to the 'library' folder on your server
- Seven (7) templates need to be overwritten. Open the 'Template Edits' folder and locate each template in the template editor of your Admin Control Panel. Overwrite each template with the one provided. If any of these templates were previously modified, simply add the commented bold text from the template provided to your existing modified one.
- Import the addon-ConvEss.xml file
- To set inbox size restrictions, give each of your usergroups the 'Inbox Size (max number of conversations)' permission located in the 'Personal Conversation Permissions' section
- By default, your usergroups do not have permission to start Participant Groups. Assign desired usergroup the 'Can create participant groups' permission
- By default, your usergroups do not have permission to use the Auto Respose feature. Assign desired usergroup the 'Auto response message' permission
- Locate the add-on permission page located in the 'Home/Options' section of the admin control panel. The add-on is named 'Conversation Essentials'. Here you may set some general permissions.
- You are done. Enjoy the new conversation layout and functions the way they should have been from the very start .
77 KB Views: 138
175.6 KB Views: 123
138.7 KB Views: 112
94.8 KB Views: 114
63.4 KB Views: 119
33.6 KB Views: 116
96.5 KB Views: 116
73.1 KB Views: 107
93.6 KB Views: 117
50.6 KB Views: 109
80.8 KB Views: 110
106 KB Views: 108