• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Add-on Conversation Essentials

• Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say this looks like a really great add-on to XF!

Let's say you have different membership levels, is it via permission possible to assign those levels (groups) the number of other members that may be contacted/invited to a conversation?!

I must say this looks like a really great add-on to XF!
Let's say you have different membership levels, is it via permission possible to assign those levels (groups) the number of other members that may be contacted/invited to a conversation?!

You can assign the number of members a usergroup can contact as participants in one conversation. That's standard XF in designing usergroup permissions.
Is that what you meant?

Awesome add-on. Purchased, and playing around with it as we speak.

A few suggestions.

For option 1, we sometimes see some overlap of the user-avatar, especially when the names get a little longer (like wednesday):
convo_overlap.webp

It would be nice if that could somehow be automatically styled, or else by setting a padding option of some sorts in the options.

On number 2, it would be nice if we can select the color of the X's when a user leaves. For darker avatars, the black x is not too visible. Perhaps red would work there. If this could be configured by means of a stylevar or an easy template edit that would be awesome.

I also got an error when adding a users to a new usergroup:

Code:
[SIZE=5][B]The following error occurred:[/B][/SIZE]

Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'group_users' at row 1
[LIST=1]
[*][B]Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute()[/B] in [B]Zend/Db/Statement.php[/B] at line [B]317[/B]
[*][B]Zend_Db_Statement->execute()[/B] in [B]Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php[/B] at line [B]479[/B]
[*][B]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query()[/B] in [B]ConvEss/Model/Conversation.php[/B] at line [B]403[/B]
[*][B]ConvEss_Model_Conversation->addParticipantGroup()[/B] in [B]ConvEss/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php[/B] at line [B]567[/B]
[*][B]ConvEss_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionAddOrUpdateGroup()[/B] in [B]XenForo/FrontController.php[/B] at line [B]310[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()[/B] in [B]XenForo/FrontController.php[/B] at line [B]132[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_FrontController->run()[/B] in [B]/var/www/vhosts/entropiaplanets.com/httpdocs/forums/index.php[/B] at line [B]13
[/B]
[/LIST]
I might have exhausted the limit on the character-length there.

A few suggestions...
1). I thought I had enough of a left margin there to cover all date lengths. Seems I was wrong so will increase it.
2). I shall do that but what happens when you have a red avatar?
I also got an error when adding a users to a new usergroup:
How many names are you adding :)
The size reserved in the table is tinyblob. I'll increase it.

Awesome, Syndol. All issues are minor, so no worries.It might not be the amount of names, but some of the users in the list have rather long names.

Never thought that a participant group would need to be very big, but even if I increase the storage limit, there will come a time when someone else will need to have even more names in there.
I'll have to redesign it to allow for unlimited recipients by having each username in a separate row in a table.
Unfortunately this means that you will all have to uninstall and reinstall this add-on.

A new version fixing the above issues has now been emailed to everyone.
Installation/upgrade instructions are in the email.

Also, added some style property elements for the inbox percentage bar, as well as for the X on avatars of those who have left a conversation.
Thank you for all the feedback so far :)

Before I roll out the next version that includes the conversation prefixes, are there any new suggestions or issues I should know about?

Hi Syndol,

I have not yet installed your add-on as I am waiting for your latest version including the Prefixes.

I just have one question:

In one Screenshot it says regarding the "Inbox usage":
"Inbox 10% full (20 max - 2 used)"
To me it is not clear what you mean by this......?

http://xenforo.com/community/attachments/2_left_permanently-png.25671/

Question:
what is meant by "20 max" ? ( is this the number of maximum users? or is this the number of MegaByte for attachments available?)
what is meant by "2 used"? (is this the number of users who are currently engaged in the converstion? or is this the number of MegaByte already used for attachments?)

20 is the maximum number of conversations I allow that particular usergroup to have in their Inbox.
2 is the number of conversations the user has in their Inbox.
Therefore, they are using 10% of the Inbox capacity.

Inbox size is just an option you have to limit certain usergroups.
By default it is unlimited, in which case you will not see that percentage bar as it would not be relevant.

Sorry, it is just not clear of what this means, without explanation.
Probably re-name this to "2 conversations used out of 20 available conversations" or "You are not allowed to have more than 20 conversations in your inbox" ?

Another question, please:
so is it possible to "limit" a certain amount of MB or GB for attachemnt in the inbox? And charge users for this?
And then showing the users how much MB or GB is already used up and how much is still left?

Q1 - no room for such a long sentence
Q2 - no such option I'm afraid

Version 1.0.1 is now out.
With this version you may assign certain usergroups the ability to create conversation prefixes.
The file has now been emailed to everyone.

This add-on now resides in the resource manager.
For latest images, information and updates, please go here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom