XF 2.1 Conversation e-mail notification.

StoveBolts

On occasion I will receive an email notification for a conversation I'm not in or part of. Other members have mentioned this as well.

When I first started noticing it, we had no add-ons. Currently, I have four add-ons. One I just installed a few weeks ago (OzzModz Login Spaminator) and the other three from Theme House.
1. TH Donate
2. TH XLink
3. TH XPress

At first I thought it was a glitch because I was an Admin. But I've heard two other members make mention that they are also receiving emails containing the contents of private messages between other members.

I have only owned this board for a year, but the board was started in 2002 with PHPBB that crashed hard, then it was migrated to VBullitin and then Xenforo.

Any thoughts on where I should start looking? I have direct access to the database if you or anyone else has insight in that area or think it would be helpful.

Hmm, none of those addons should cause anything like that. Beyond that, I am not sure what it could be. Without being to replicate it on demand its almost impossible to debug.

Hmm, none of those addons should cause anything like that. Beyond that, I am not sure what it could be. Without being to replicate it on demand its almost impossible to debug.
I appreciate your help.
I don't think it's going to be an easy fix, and I suspect it's been happening with this site for some time. My gut tells me it's something wrong in the database from all the migrations it's been through, but hopefully I'm wrong.

I'm not really sure where to start. The site permissions were a nightmare and I just finished cleaning up all the groups and forums and then configuring all permissions per Xenforo's recommendations. PHPBB and VBullitin manage permissions and nodes much differently than Xenforo.

Hopefully somebody who knows what's behind the automatic email notifications when a Conversation is started can chime in and possibly point me in the right direction.

If it's any help, I set up a dummy user and used it to send a conversation to a few thousand people on the board a few months ago through the site tools. Then, I went and bulk deleted conversations in the ACP. However, it left ghosts in the dummy account. You can see the conversations, but when you click on them, they say somethign like 'cannot be found'. I can provide exact detail if it helps . Not sure if this is related or not.

Thanks!

P.S. The spaminator rocks!

Based on your posts, it sounds like there is some database corruption.

If you're not sure how to resolve it, you will need the services of a third party.

Based on your posts, it sounds like there is some database corruption.

If you're not sure how to resolve it, you will need the services of a third party.
That's what I was suspecting, and I'm pretty sure it's been occurring for several years as part of the vBullitin migration.

Is there a data model available?

Top Bottom