XF 1.5 Controlling PM's from new members

Could you please walk me through the procedure. I have no idea where to go or what to allow or disallow.:confused:
Attached are two screenshots of what I did do, but when I tested it as a new member it did not restrict me from sending a PM.

Attachments

• 1504687903570.webp
    1504687903570.webp
    28.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 1504688001387.webp
    1504688001387.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 3
New members, like all members of a forum, should have the Registered user group set as their primary user group, as detailed in this guide:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/implementing-permissions-across-multiple-user-groups.358/

For the Registered user group, you want to have the send and/or receive conversation permissions set to Not Set (No) depending on whether you want to restrict either or both of these.

For the user group that you don't want to restrict conversations (presumably the Full Members user group), set these permissions to Allow if they were set to Not Set (No) in the Registered user group.

The user group promotion (I'm guessing adding members to the Full Members user group) will then be set up by simply adding members to that group based on whatever condition you require (e.g. has posted at least X messages, has been registered for at least X days, a combination of these or whatever else you want).

Thank you Martok. I will look into that.

In the meantime, I found that what I had done (see screenshots) actually did work. I registered as a new member and tried to send a PM to regstered members but was disallowed. I hope I haven't caused other problems for myself in so doing.:unsure:

There shouldn't be any problems.

Of course, if you have a test site set up, as I do, then even if there were any issues it wouldn't matter as it wouldn't affect the live site. Always best to test first. :)

Thank you Martok. I will look into that.

In the meantime, I found that what I had done (see screenshots) actually did work. I registered as a new member and tried to send a PM to regstered members but was disallowed. I hope I haven't caused other problems for myself in so doing.:unsure:

Well actually I have caused a new problem for FULL members. Had to go back to square one and study what you have sent me Mertok.

Top Bottom