Content Site Migrate

Jdizzle

Long question coming, but I'm ready to buy a license and want to double check in that I can accomplish what I need. So please bear with me and thank you for any guidance you can provide.

My site is currently not built on a mainstream or PHP forum platform and the main traffic comes for the content (not the forum community currently). The content is audio tracks MP3 we host (not embedded from external media sites). And the existing forum feels like a completely separate site, but I want to build the community and enable more options for members to interact with the content.

My plan is to deprecate the existing forum, and have members sign up on the new xenForo forum.

My site content and community is very very similar to this one - guitarbackingtrack(dotcom)

So, the difficulty I'm having is trying to understand how all of the media files (and page content relating to the specific songs), will be able to be presented/migrated and if it is even able to happen.

Is managing the audio files, and making them available as straight forward as organizing them in the media library or resources manager add ons and installing a media player add on?

The other option I'm considering is to build a wordpress site for the media files, and connect it to the xenForo forum.

Thank you for your help, and if there is further need I can share my current site via PM. Cheers! Jason

So, the difficulty I'm having is trying to understand how all of the media files (and page content relating to the specific songs), will be able to be presented/migrated and if it is even able to happen.
You would need to commission a developer to create a custom importer, and possibly add-ons, depending on the content and how it is presented.

Otherwise you could utilise the RM/MG and manually recreate the site by getting the relevant members to upload/create content again.

Top Bottom