Contact Us Thread

Contact Us Thread 1.3.0

No permission to download

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Contact Us Thread - Creates a thread when the Contact Us form is used.

When the Contact Us form is used, this addon will create a thread in a specified forum.

Associates the thread ownership with the logged in user or as a guest user, and uses a phrase to format the message contents.

The username for guest users must pass the configured username requirements. If they pick a username which is already claimed, it will use the phrase ContactUs_Guest to attempt to make the username unique.

Phrases (used depending on if the user is logged in or not):

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for this. The double-submit fix was timely for us, as we had run into that.

Reactions: Xon
Thanks for this nice addon
Is it possible to hide email from public view?
There are two phrases used ContactUs_Message_Guest and ContactUs_Message_User.

You can wrap the variable "{email}" in a bbcode only viewable by some groups, there are at least two addons which provide that functionality.

It also stops/replaces the email being sent.
Can you update so that the email is also sent too please?

It also stops/replaces the email being sent.
Can you update so that the email is also sent too please?
That would be a bug. I'll investigate this ASAP.

Have you disable the addon and tried again? It might be the underlying email system going 'derp'

:edit: I'm not able to reproduce this. Using my Email Transport to /Dev/Null addon, I can see that it is delivering Contact Us bits to the email sending system of XF in my non-live enviroment:

Capture.webp

Two oldest are without prefix, newest is with.

Last edited:
Is it possible to reply to the member or guest by directly responding to this message in thread? Thanks
You could set the appropriate permissions on the target forum so that the author could (only) see their thread and your response.
Wouldn't work for guest contacts though.

You could set the appropriate permissions on the target forum so that the author could (only) see their thread and your response.
Wouldn't work for guest contacts though.
Or for people who are in a non-valid state. And it doesn't let you have non-visible notes and discussion.

Aka it isn't a ticketing system.

well, mostly using contact us link are the guests, as members use conversation anyway. I have a private forum designated for such messages, which only my admins/mods have the access to read. Ability to reply to these guest's messages right from the thread would make this addon a perfect one.

Otherwise, i am repling to their emails directly from my gmail.com account anyways, which unfortunately defeats the purpose of this add-on. :)

Top Bottom