Not planned Contact Us - option to post new thread?

James

I think it could be an idea to allow the contact form to post a thread where the subject is the title and the body is the message.

It could help for people who don't check their e-mails often 8-)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Valid point. The e-mail could be included, or some kind of thread-to-email reply system (hey... not a bad idea, you could also make an email-to-thread reply system so we can reply to our threads with e-mail responding for XF2).

It depends on what purpose your contact form serves on your forum really, but on mine I get a few "ban appeals" via contact forms or if they're struggling to get on the site. I just feel it'd help. I then know I've received an e-mail and can respond.

An alternative is an alert that states "X has just used the contact form" 8-)

Valid point. The e-mail could be included, or some kind of thread-to-email reply system (hey... not a bad idea, you could also make an email-to-thread reply system so we can reply to our threads with e-mail responding for XF2).
That would rock. WordPress has the post to blog via email.

What you are looking for is a ticket system. Posting it to a thread is a malformed idea IMHO, because your main point of reference is forum functionality.
If you would have it posted to a thread and you would be able to respond trough the thread, then you would need custom thread fields, departments, issue status, etc. All the things a support ticket does.

I'd like to highlight the similarity between this need, and the need for a post report center. Both are needs for functionality where users need to submit an issue to the staff and staff needs to handle it and give feedback to the user.

Giving us tools to streamline contact between users and staff would be a live saver. I currently use Kayako (Costed €700 so far) and while its a huge improvement to email, it doesn't meet the needs of an active forum.

I'd like to highlight the similarity between this need, and the need for a post report center.

I like the way you think. We actually created a mod to create a thread in a private forum for reported posts, I am not sure what the correct answer is but do see the similarity.

Even on servers with 50 million members posting, the amount that users the "contact us" is very little. I don't see how this would really affect server load.

I think I was referring to the action of recieving email and processing it to a forum thread post.

Top Bottom