Contact Us form message

Hyperion

I am wondering if a message may be added neatly into the Contact Us form, so I can tell "forum posting services" and other worthless human spammer companies not to bother me?

It should be possible fairly easily by editing the 'contact' template. I can write a quick example if you like. That said, anyone interested in spamming you would completely ignore the message, which sort of beats the point. Are you using a CAPTCHA (be it Q&A captcha or reCAPTCHA) on the form? That's a good spam deterrent.

EDIT: Hah, ninja'd Brogan for once instead of the other way around. Yay me.

Check the contact template.

You can either edit one of the phrases used in that template or you can edit the template and add a new phrase.

Oh, hey, that easy, eh. Did not even think there would be a contact template. Thanks you guys. Do not know why I am not getting alerts for replies to my topics.

Oh, hey, that easy, eh. Did not even think there would be a contact template. Thanks you guys. Do not know why I am not getting alerts for replies to my topics.

Did you click on 'watch thread' or click on 'watch thread' when creating it?

Are you using a CAPTCHA (be it Q&A captcha or reCAPTCHA) on the form? That's a good spam deterrent.
I am using an unusual anti-spam question, which has worked well. My message is concerned with in particular human spammer that advertises "forum services," and is aimed not so much as stopping him as to give something to point out when replying to him.

Did you click on 'watch thread' or click on 'watch thread' when creating it?
Ah. Now I get it. I must have clicked Watch Thread so long ago on those topics I still get alerts for, and took it for granted. Thanks.

Edit: Oh, and I still get an alert if my post is quoted, heh.

Top Bottom