• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.2 constantly logged out of admin

jdeg

The timeout on the admin panel seems incredibly short. I've been getting logged out within seconds, even between running tasks like resetting caches, installing addons, and sending emails. I am using xcache as a datastore cacher and have debug mode enabled. Any ideas?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
If the IP shown in PHP info (admin.php?tools/phpinfo, if you can access that) in the "REMOTE_ADDR" value is not your IP, you need to look for your IP and set it to $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] in config.php.

If the IP shown in PHP info (admin.php?tools/phpinfo, if you can access that) in the "REMOTE_ADDR" value is not your IP, you need to look for your IP and set it to $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] in config.php.
Hi Mike - in my phpinfo, that IP is not my actual IP - it appears to be a 10.0.0.0/8 IP, within AWS. In my config.php file, do I just add a line that says:
Code:
$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] = 10.x.y.z;
or do I put my actual ip instead of the 10.0.0.0/8 one? Also, do I have to do this every time my ISP changes my IP, or if I need to access the adminCP when not at home?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
You need to find which value in $_SERVER has your real IP and use something like:

Code:
$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] = $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'];
Replace the HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR with the correct value (it varies by setup).