Considering imac 21.5 for web design

Umit

Hi, i am considering to buy an imac 21.5 HD5670,
how is it for web design, photoshop?

i am using a pc with 22" dell ips panel monitor (1680x1050) and i am very very happy with the monitor, just concerning about imac 21.5 - 1920x1080...

recommendations from switchers?

I love using the LED screens... so much clearer, brighter and colourful to the eye.

I love the mac for web design. I have zero issue whether on the mac or PC.

Honestly... for web design if your like me with lots of things running, then go to the 27" screen so you can truly run side by side windows, as the 21.5 is nice, but not quite big enough to efficiently run side by side.

Other option is to grab the new monitor only when they get released, to run dual 21.5" screens.

I am on a 24" iMac, and not regretting it. Lovely machine.
I also have a Mac Pro.

Both set ups have dual monitors, and they're great for web design, graphic design and web development.

Just having great tools with a snappy interface, and screen estate to organize your code/endresult on .. perfect.

Whatever Floris said. Love my MacBook Pro.
Yeah, you recently got yours. A MacbookPro is great for working on things, I just love picking it up and sitting on the couch, garden, bed, kitchen table, etc .. and just work. Comfortable work places are 25% of the positive productivity.

I am also thinking of buying some kind of Apple machine, as I am running some old HP/Windows XP.

what is better ?
iMac / MacPro / MacBookPro ?

what is better ?
iMac / MacPro / MacBookPro ?
Really depends on what your needs are. imac are a beautiful all-in-one, very clean, yet powerful solution that is easily transported from desk to desk around the office or house. MacPro... more fixed. Macbook... well, completely portable.

It all comes down to what you want to use it for and where you want to use it.

Mac Pro is better, simply because it allows you to add more hard drive space internally, etc.

The biggest reason is ram, you can extend over 16gb of it, something graphic designers love, well .. photoshop loves ram actually.

And the mac pro has 2 cpus, and not just 1 with multiple cores. The performance is noticable when you do serious work with the breast.

The iMac is great, especially because of its bigger screen, you can place it almost anywhere in the house, but it's not something you can take with you. Unlike the mac book pro, which in my opinion has the same performance, they both come with 4gb of ram or more, and have option for display port, to second monitor, and dual or even quad core cpu's.

Don't get a Mac Pro with 1 cpu, kinda defeats the purpose.

It just depends on your budget, what you think you need performance wise, and how you want to work.

I consider for serious video and photo work to get a mac pro, it gives you the freedom to easily replace hard drives, make proper back ups, get beast performance, and replace broken parts. And you can add multiple video cards to have multiple monitors (crt, 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10 and different sizes).

We're still talking the Mac computer right?

There's a reason Apple mice only have one button ... really need a fishing smilie around here.

Funny, the track pad on a mac book pro has no buttons, and still has right click, it's not 1984 anymore, myths are history these days. I've had right click since the first mac I got.

Funny, the track pad on a mac book pro has no buttons, and still has right click, it's not 1984 anymore, myths are history these days. I've had right click since the first mac I got.

whoossshhhhh ......

hence the mention of a "fishing" smilie .....

Maybe not a term I am familiar with :p Sorry.

I always use a logitech mouse with imac/macpro btw. :D mx revolution ftw.

Top Bottom