Considering imac 21.5 for web design

You will find it hard to do that, as Apple use regional aspects to base your purchase... I tried even doing that through a US proxy, and the moment you enter your local address it fails. You can only buy it through US Apple if you send it to someone in the US... then forward it onto you from their.

If you do manage to pull it off, you then may have to deal with local import taxes, duties, etc... even if a gift, because it will exceed x amount.

All Apple's are pretty much made in the one factory... it is the software settings that define the region for them... not the components within it.

I guess I should call my friends at Foxconn and get it shipped directly from the factory in China ;)

Yep... just avoid getting involved in any slave labour issues when grabbing from the factory :eek:

They so got busted on that one... LOL. Could stick NIKE and a few others on that list too I believe. Doh!

Anyone that I know that is into design that has switched to mac has had nothing but good things to say, as I have not converted to one myself there is not much more I can add.

I can however say they are realitively easy to work with as I have done some administrating on a few machines for people having minor issues or needing things tweeked a bit.

Yep... a new imac we have here only has 256Mb graphics, and it plays fullscreen video and games seemlessly, without so much as a stutter or imperfection, compared to needing a $400 3D card in my PC to achieve the same thing on one monitor. Ridiculous... Like you Umit... I learnt as well that mac just kick the crap out of PC architecture. Running Win7 on mac architecture with lesser specs runs better than on my other PC custom built system with triple to quad specs of the imac. They obviously really tune the entire build and remove near any I/O points in the architecture... because they are just phenomenal to work with.

Now playing with the new apple TV which just arrived, and OMFG... its amazing when used with the new time machine... that uses dual channels, one for www and one for apple tv at the 5Ghz band. Flawless streaming movies all wireless n.

I prefer a custom machine running Ubuntu (with only free software except GPU acceleration) and Virtualbox with Windows 7 for Photoshop / Illustrator / etc. I don't trust a closed source operating system to enter my passwords.

Apple computers are also x86, for the same price I can get a much more powerful computer and I can run games in Win 7 :)

Top Bottom