XF 2.0 Confirmation mail not being sent

V3NTUS

I've checked many threads and guides but I'm being unable to understand why many people are not getting confirmation emails.

I receive complaints almost every day about this matter and I already made sure the setup info are correct.

What I noticed is that this seems to happen exclusively with @gmail accounts.

Could it mean Gmail somehow blacklisted my domain or what?

Would setting up STMP solve this problem?

Any help is appreciated, thank you so much.

Someone suggested using Mailgun to get around this. You could look into it? We've had issues too, but most accounts where from non-Gmail, so we thought it was due to domains being blacklisted. It's possible people don't turn off notification in their preferences on the forum, and rather designate notifications as "spam".

Hope you find a solution! :)

Someone suggested using Mailgun to get around this. You could look into it? We've had issues too, but most accounts where from non-Gmail, so we thought it was due to domains being blacklisted. It's possible people don't turn off notification in their preferences on the forum, and rather designate notifications as "spam".
The emails were actually being delivered but they were just hitting the spam folder.

What @M@rc said was what was actually happening already, I didn't do anything about it, but it seems people didn't watch carefully and ended up saying they didn't receive the mail at all.

Top Bottom