XF 2.0 Confirmation emails do not get out

Greetings!

I bought XenForo with the installation service a wek ago. It was installed promptly, but I noticed that the users with emails that are not on my installation server, which is most of the world, do not receive confirmation emals, or any emails. They cannot complete the signup process.

This guy had a similar problem:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/register-new-user-confirmation-email-failed.88023/

I created a ticket with XenForo, who sent me to the hosting company. The hoosting company checked it and found a problem on their end. This is what they said:

"The verification email appears to be sent from the forum but seems to be filtered by mail filtering server since no SPF record on your new domain. I have gone ahead to created it for your new domain and it will take 4-6 hours for DNS fully propagation."

That was four days ago. And still, new users cannot sign up, and the users that I manually apprived do not receive any notification emails.

The hosting company is not replying to my emails. It does not seem to be a XenForo problem because one user (me, my email is on the same server) does receive notification emails.

Please help! Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, ozzy47. I have the settings that are recommended in that link. I can receive notifications from other members just fine because my email is agmin@myforum.com. But they get nothing from the forum or from me. I tested three different emails not related to my hosting provider.

I will be calling the hosting provider in the morning, raising hell, hoping it does the trick.

Ok, raising hell (and ticket priority) indeed helped. It appears to be working all now.

From my hosing provider:
"I've added a few additional IP addresses to the SPF records of domains and subdomains you host on your hosting account. Kindly allow 6 hours for global DNS propagation of knowledge of this change and please let us know whether you still have trouble getting your e-mails delivered to recipients with Gmail e-mail addresses."

This tells me that they didn't do it right the first time and missed adding the forum's domain.

Top Bottom