XF 1.3 Confirm account or delete

polle

I have an old forum and I want to do some cleaning. My idea is to mail all users asking them to confirm their account or it will be deleted in 60 days.

How can I accomplish that ?

The idea is simple, please confirm you want to keep your account or it will be deleted. So the user has to click something or post in a specific forum or something like that.

Anyone ?

Thanks.

Alternatively, you could just ask them to visit the forum (and be logged in). You would then use the batch user update tool to delete people who haven't visited for X period of time.

Set the status to awaiting email confirmation from edit.

Any which are still that status after the expired time, delete them.

Thanks Brogan.

How can I set the status to awaiting email confirmation for 7000 users?
If I change it that way, then what ?

Alternatively, you could just ask them to visit the forum (and be logged in). You would then use the batch user update tool to delete people who haven't visited for X period of time.

There is no "haven't visited for X period of time" option, so select all the years by clicking can be an option. But I want to have them make "some action" like posting in a specific node or thread.

Is that possible ?

Thanks.

Code:
UPDATE `xf_user` SET `user_group_id` = '1', `secondary_group_ids` = '';

Make sure to note your admin account user and secondary ids to edit back in afterwards.[/code]

Code:
brb

Make sure to note your admin account user and secondary ids to edit back in afterwards.[/code]

Thank you.

Whats the URL needed for ?

If I go to phpMyAdmin I can run a query there for the XF database and directly to affect the table I need, in this case "xf_user". Why does that URL pointing to your forum is needed ?

There is no "haven't visited for X period of time" option, so select all the years by clicking can be an option. But I want to have them make "some action" like posting in a specific node or thread.
This add-on has the "user hasn't logged on in X days" criteria. It also has these criteria:

• number of posts in a specific thread(s)*;
  • number of posts in a specific node(s)*;
  • number of discussions started in a specific node(s)*

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/user-criteria-by-waindigo.813/

You could send out an email to all users via the ACP asking them to visit the site and use one or multiple of these criteria to create a promotion where users that don't visit the site in a period of X days or post in a specific forum or thread are added to a new usergroup you create. You can then use the batch user update feature in the ACP to delete all users who are added to this group.

Top Bottom