XF 2.2 modfy or delete message in a locked discussion

MediaFolSupport

Hello, in vbulletin our users can edit or delete their messges from a discussion locked.
here i see that in a discussion locked, a user can't do nothing.
how can i give this permission to a register user?

Errr.. pretty sure locked means exactly that... NO further edits.
AFAIK the ONLY people that can do anything to posts in a locked thread are Super Moderators and Admins.

And honestly... that IS the way it should be. Any other process simply bypasses the purpose of LOCKING the thread.
There is not a "close" thread option, which would (in theory) allow users to edit their posts.. but even then, why do you want users editing posts (and changing the flow of conversation) once a thread is closed/locked? Does not that go against the very purpose of closing/locking a thread?

ok, i can agree with you on the edit or deleting a post.
But there was a basic features like quote or multi quote messages in the locked threads that were very useful for users in vbulletin. Here they can't do really nothing, edit/delete/quote or multi quote in a locked thread.

I think that there are more things to improve here. I know, to you it seems like a mandatory thing: "it must be in this way, stop". but it is precisely with this mentality that we go out of fashion.

I think that there are more things to improve here. I know, to you it seems like a mandatory thing: "it must be in this way, stop". but it is precisely with this mentality that we go out of fashion.
Or the opposite position can be argued... if we are talking vB 3 or 4, you are talking an archaic script.. Trying to force a script to do what "I'm used to" is not necessarily progress.

I really don't think allowing users to edit/change posts in a closed thread is an advancement, but mayhap more of a regression. If one needs that ability and it's outside the norm, one can always pursue 3rd party development to regress the script.

Or they can always message a staff member to open the thread, edit then have it closed again. I don't see this happening very often at all. I mean its closed for a reason, right?

Or they can always message a staff member to open the thread, edit then have it closed again. I don't see this happening very often at all. I mean its closed for a reason, right?
nope.
we are a financial forum, and collect discussion about Banks/Economy/Trading in chapters. Each discussion have 2000 messages then it close itselfe for a new chapter.

We do not clode discussion for a bad content or spite. If some one open a bad discussion, all the content goes in the trash (section hide from public view).

Top Bottom