Configuring Amazon SES

Have got SES account set up, have been released from the sandbox.

I cannot get the emails to send. I continue to receive Connection Errors in my error log. I think I've got all setting correct in the Email Options page, but something is not right and I need help.

fly

Have got SES account set up, have been released from the sandbox.

I cannot get the emails to send. I continue to receive Connection Errors in my error log. I think I've got all setting correct in the Email Options page, but something is not right and I need help.
What is the error?

Same problem here, 587 seems to be opened.
the forum is under /forum folder, can be this the problem?

server error log:
  • Code:
    Swift_TransportException: Email to *****@gmail.com failed: Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com [Connection refused #111] src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php:277

Last edited:

Jake B.

Same problem here, 587 seems to be opened.
the forum is under /forum folder, can be this the problem?

server error log:
  • Code:
    Swift_TransportException: Email to *****@gmail.com failed: Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com [Connection refused #111] src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php:277
You'd likely need to contact your host about something like this, something is blocking you from connecting to SES

You'd likely need to contact your host about something like this, something is blocking you from connecting to SES
Ok now I can contact amazon SMTP, but I have an other error:
Code:
Swift_TransportException: Email to ****@gmail.com failed: Expected response code 250 but got code "554", with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: <****@gmail.com>, ****@gmail.com, xenforousername <admin@xenforosite.com> "
I also have verified Email Address Identities. I think it appends because it is in sandbox mode

My mistake, I had selected the wrong datacenter as a host. Now it works, I have the limit to 250 monthly mails, I opened a tiket to increase it.
I have another question. I read that I have to clean up the list to which I send the newsletter, to avoid a high percentage of rebounds. How can I do it on xenforo?