XF 2.1 Configuring Amazon SES with XF 2.1

JasonBrody

Hi Everyone :)

In the XenForo's email option settings here's my setups:

Default email address: noreply@mydomain.com (this email also verified in Amazon SES)
Contact email address: myemail@gmail.com (my gmail ID)

Email transport method: SMTP: email-smtp.xxxxxxx.amazonaws.com Port: 587 Username & Password: set correctly Encryption: TLS

Bounced email address: myemail@gmail.com (my gmail ID)
Unsubscribe email address: myemail@gmail.com (my gmail ID) Enable variable email address values for automated email handling: Checked

Automated bounced email handler: POP3 setup of myemail@gmail.com is setup correctly with SSL encryption enabled.
Automated unsubscribe email handler: POP3 setup of myemail@gmail.com is setup correctly with SSL encryption enabled.

My Amazon SES region is of sanbox mode and have sufficient sending limit quota as well as max send rate per second.

NOW THE ISSUE IS:

In the Email error log it's showing error like this:

Server error log
  • Swift_TransportException: Email to myemail@gmail.com failed: Expected response code 250 but got code "554", with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region AP-SOUTH-1: < myemail +xxxxxxxxxx+ myemail=gmail.com@gmail.com>... "
  • src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php:

Stack trace

#0 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(281): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->_assertResponseCode('554 Message rej...', Array)
#1 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/EsmtpTransport.php(270): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->executeCommand('
', Array, Array)
#2 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(333): Swift_Transport_EsmtpTransport->executeCommand('
', Array)
#3 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(428): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->_streamMessage(Object(Swift_Message))
#4 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(444): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->_doMailTransaction(Object(Swift_Message), ' myemail+xxxxxxxx...', Array, Array)
#5 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(176): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->_sendTo(Object(Swift_Message), ' myemail+xxxxxxx...', Array, Array)
#6 src/XF/Mail/Mailer.php(292): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->send(Object(Swift_Message), Array)
#7 src/XF/Mail/Mail.php(395): XF\Mail\Mailer->send(Object(Swift_Message), Object(Swift_SmtpTransport), NULL, true)
#8 src/XF/Tfa/Email.php(37): XF\Mail\Mail->send()
#9 src/XF/Service/User/Tfa.php(108): XF\Tfa\Email->trigger('login', Object(Datio\AllowedEmails\XF\Entity\User), Array, Object(XF\Http\Request))
#10 src/XF/ControllerPlugin/Login.php(139): XF\Service\User\Tfa->trigger(Object(XF\Http\Request), 'email')
#11 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Login.php(135): XF\ControllerPlugin\Login->runTfaCheck('https://www.xxx...')
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): XF\Pub\Controller\Login->actionTwoStep(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Login', 'TwoStep', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\SignupAbuseBlocking\XF\Pub\Controller\Login), NULL)
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\SignupAbuseBlocking\XF\Pub\Controller\Login), NULL)
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#16 src/XF/App.php(2190): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#17 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#18 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#19 {main}

So, my emails are not being delivered.
Am I missing some steps ? Do I need to configure something more at Amazon SES side ?

Please suggest.

Last edited:
Expected response code 250 but got code "554", with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region AP-SOUTH-1:
Did you follow up with the AWS support on the error message provided?
AWS said:
Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region region: identity1, identity2, identity3—You are trying to send email from an email address or domain that you have not verified with Amazon SES. This error could apply to the "From", "Source", "Sender", or "Return-Path" address. If your account is still in the Amazon SES sandbox, you also must verify every recipient email address except for the recipients provided by the Amazon SES mailbox simulator. If Amazon SES is not able to show all of the failed identities, the error message ends with an ellipsis.

I assume this isn't really XF 2.2 you're talking about. Maybe XF 2.1?

Currently I'm trying to setup THIS GUIDE , is that required if I need to use bounce email handling ?
Regardless of what that guide says, AWS says the email address is not verified - thus it will not let you proceed. Moreover, even in the guide you linked here, it's showing that the email was verified in the screenshot. Your best bet is to follow the AWS support document to resolve the verification issue.

Regardless of what that guide says, AWS says the email address is not verified - thus it will not let you proceed. Moreover, even in the guide you linked here, it's showing that the email was verified in the screenshot. Your best bet is to follow the AWS support document to resolve the verification issue.

I have already verified the domain and sending email in SES before proceeding . But still got the error , so doubted .

Top Bottom