Complete Newcomer for websites + questions

zSistine

Hey Everyone,

I'm extremely new to hosting websites and such. I've had a website for a Minecraft game for my server but I don't really like the design. I have domain but no website hosting.

I was wondering the following :

When I purchase XenForo, do the support just install it for me and I can use it?
Is XenForo one time pay for life?
I have web-hosting from namecheap.com, will that work?
What happens after I purchase XenForo? Do they just give me files to install it onto my web host?

Thank you!

You can purchase the installation service when buying the license.

The license is for life, 12 months support and update currently costs $40 (first 12 months included in license price).

You will have to verify that your hosting is adequate - there is a script you can run (available from the purchase page).

The files are available for download immediately after purchase.

installing xenforo is quite easy.
you could probably do it yourself.
the harder (more time consuming part) is learning about administrating a forum in general.

You could also install xenforo on your own computer first ... to test and learn things.

use XAMPP
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-install-xenforo-locally-to-your-pc-using-xampp.8257/

If you wanted, you could either just mess around with xenforo on your own computer .... or you could slowly build your final production site locally .... and then upload the final local version to your host in the future.

Top Bottom