Competitions for XenForo [Deleted]

If you had several prizes, you might have one winner of a main prize and several other winners who win a smaller prize. Those winners of the smaller prizes would be described as the runners up.

Under the “Competition Archive” if you can’t see it then you need to give yourself that permission.

@Chris D, we've upgraded our test site to XF2 and have Competitions disabled.

When trying to register we get this error:

Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1364]: Field 'competition_entries' doesn't have a default value in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212
[LIST=1]
[*]XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 174
[*]XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 70
[*]XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 74
[*]XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 151
[*]XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1381
[*]XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1113
[*]XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Service/User/Registration.php at line 254
[*]XF\Service\User\Registration->_save() in src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php at line 40
[*]XF\Service\User\Registration->save() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Register.php at line 369
[*]XF\Pub\Controller\Register->actionRegister() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 89
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1880
[*]XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
[*]XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13
[/LIST]
I assume it relates to this addon?

Caveat that it's v1.0.2 of Compeitions as we never really used it so never bothered updating it.

Can that be done on XF2 or does it need to be done on XF1 before the upgrade? Would uninstalling the addon for XF1 solve it as well?

Copy comp
Photo comp

I haven't been around for a while so not sure if this has been mentioned but Copy Competition would be a handy feature so it can be rerun by just changing the dates, images, headings etc and leaving whatever you want to keep.

Also, integration with photo media for monthly image or video competitions.

While Competitions for XF2 is being developed, does anyone have any great ideas for new features?
Has it been suggested already to restrict winners to be unique within X many days or X many competitions? The idea being that for smaller sites the same people aren't winning multiple competitions in a short time span helping to ensure that other users are encouraged to enter.

It hasn’t been, but you can pretty much handle this already.

Since a recent version it’s possible to go through an approval process before winners are published. So if you have some custom criteria in your rules, or for example you contact the winner and they don’t respond then you can pick a new winner.

So with that you could have a custom rule that says something like “previous winners are excluded from winning this competition” and if one of them happens to enter (or indeed they win a competition that finished before this new one closed) then you can just click a button to randomly choose a new winner.

Another approach is to add winners (manually) to a special user group and prevent that group from entering future competitions.

Hey good evening everyone, was wondering if someone maybe had an idea of what I'm doing wrong with my new installation/purchase of Competitions for Xenforo?

I've installed the add-on successfully and I've given myself full permissions with the add-on to create competitions, but it is not allowing me to upload a thumbnail image which is blocking me from successfully using the add-on.

This is what's happening. If I try to save the competition with no images selected:
COMPERROR.webp

Then if I select a thumbnail image (the button doesn't work in Microsoft Edge, only Chrome:)
COMPERROR2.webp

It's a 200 x 200 pixel icon. When I press Open, it just brings me back to the selection screen:
COMPERROR3.webp

It will not load an image, even though the upload box opens. File uploads work just fine anywhere else on the forum. Appreciate any help, let me know if I need to provide any version information or things like that. Thank you!

Please start a conversation with me and include your URL and a login that has access to create conversations and I’ll investigate later.

Top Bottom