1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Style Compact forum display? Have LOTS of subforums!

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by elsparkodiablo, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Hi does anyone make an add on or style which slims down the number of forums / subforums displayed? I have a huge number of subforums and would like to greatly compact what's displayed instead of having users scroll down for dozens of screens
  2. ForumCube

ForumCube Active Member

3. sami simo

sami simo Well-Known Member

Russ likes this.
  4. Thanks for reaching out, please see the following
    Hey thanks for the link. While I like the option of hiding the last post and other info, basically what I'm looking for is a way to super minimize the subforums, so that they are a collection of links when seen from the main forums listing page like so:

Attached Files:

5. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

How is your current setup? Default you have the forums in a pop up, unchecking that would result in:

(Style Properties -> Forum / Node List -> Show sub-forums popup - Uncheck)
    sami simo likes this.
  6. Russ THANK YOU, is there a way to do this for the primary forums under a category as well, or just on subforums?
  7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I haven't really tested it thoroughly but if you're trying to get that look on the main primary nodes:

this is extra.css:
    .forum_list .nodeList
       overflow: hidden;
    .forum_list .nodeList .node .level_2
       float: left;
       width: 31%;
       margin: 2px 0 2px 2%;
       padding: 5px 0px;
       border-bottom: 1px solid @primaryLighterStill;
    .forum_list .nodeList .node .nodeIcon, .forum_list .nodeList .node .nodeStats, .forum_list .node .nodeLastPost,
    .forum_list .node .subForumList, .forum_list  .node .nodeDescription, .forum_list .node .nodeControls
       display: none !important;
    .forum_list .nodeList .node .nodeText
       margin: 0px;
    .forum_list .nodeList .categoryForumNodeInfo, .forum_list .nodeList .forumNodeInfo, .forum_list .nodeList .pageNodeInfo, .forum_list .nodeList .linkNodeInfo
       border-bottom-width: 0px !important;
    @media (max-width:@maxResponsiveWideWidth)
       .Responsive .forum_list .nodeList .node .level_2 { width: 48%; }
    @media (max-width:@maxResponsiveMediumWidth)
       .Responsive .forum_list  .nodeList .node .level_2 { width: 100%; }
    Results in:
  8. Booyah, that is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. I don't know what it'd take to make that an add on though?
  9. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member