Duplicate Comments on Profile Posts - Merge notifications into a single notification

jflory7

Hello XF community,

After doing a little searching around, I was surprised to see that this hasn't already been suggested.

Currently, on a forum I am active on that runs XenForo 1.3.2, I've noticed that profile posts can be a little annoying. Every time a user comments on a profile post made by any user, I get a notification for each and every response in the comments, which in some cases can generate several notifications for the same profile post.

I suggest to add similar behavior to replies to a watched thread, where you receive the first notification for the profile post until the next time you open that profile post and view the comments. This would decrease a lot of notification spam for forum owners or administrators who want to keep notifications on for their profile without receiving pages of notifications for profile comments.

Thank you!

- jflory7

Upvote 8
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This would be a great addition, as well as unsubscribing from the "comment" to stop getting alerts from that profile post altogether.
Yes, agreed, that would be useful as well. I recently came back from a trip and went on one of the forums I'm active on, and I was greeted by 78 new alerts… and about 50 of them were profile post comments. :P Just reminded me about how useful this feature would be to help filter through relevant and non-relevant alerts!

Top Bottom