1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate Comments on Profile Posts - Merge notifications into a single notification

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by jflory7, Jun 29, 2014.

1. jflory7

jflory7 Active Member

Hello XF community,

After doing a little searching around, I was surprised to see that this hasn't already been suggested.

Currently, on a forum I am active on that runs XenForo 1.3.2, I've noticed that profile posts can be a little annoying. Every time a user comments on a profile post made by any user, I get a notification for each and every response in the comments, which in some cases can generate several notifications for the same profile post.

I suggest to add similar behavior to replies to a watched thread, where you receive the first notification for the profile post until the next time you open that profile post and view the comments. This would decrease a lot of notification spam for forum owners or administrators who want to keep notifications on for their profile without receiving pages of notifications for profile comments.

Thank you!

- jflory7

RoldanLT, Chris D, Valhalla and 5 others like this.
  2. Autonamus

Autonamus Active Member

This would be a great addition, as well as unsubscribing from the "comment" to stop getting alerts from that profile post altogether.

jflory7 likes this.
  3. jflory7

jflory7 Active Member

Yes, agreed, that would be useful as well. I recently came back from a trip and went on one of the forums I'm active on, and I was greeted by 78 new alerts… and about 50 of them were profile post comments. :p Just reminded me about how useful this feature would be to help filter through relevant and non-relevant alerts!

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

jflory7 likes this.