1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Command line upgrade to 1.4.1 stopped "successfully" at 1.4.0 Alpha?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by RobParker, Oct 8, 2014.

  1. RobParker

    RobParker Well-Known Member

    I just upgraded from 1.2.2 to 1.4.1.

    Doing everything on our test site went perfectly so I did it on our live site.

    The upgrade finished with this message:

    Code:
    Running upgrade to 1.4.0 Alpha, step 5... done.
    Rebuilding / importing data...
       
    Upgrade completed successfully!
    
    For some reason it didn't do the final upgrade steps. I did these through the browser and they seem to have finished fine but I wonder if this might point to a problem somewhere?
     
  2. Mike

    Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

    There are no explicit upgrade scripts to run after the 1.4.0 Alpha script, so that is expected.
     
  3. RobParker

    RobParker Well-Known Member

    But when I went to my site it said that the upgrade to 1.4.1 was pending. It didn't do that on the test run I did.

    Also I'm fairly certain the command line updater finished on 1.4.1. when I did it on my test site.
     
  4. Mike

    Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

    If you're using a cache mechanism that doesn't run via the CLI (something like APC), then you may need to re-do the cache rebuild via the web interface after running the CLI upgrade.
     
    RobParker likes this.
  5. RobParker

    RobParker Well-Known Member

    Ah that may be it. On our test site we don't use APC but we do on our live site.

    Cheers
     

Share This Page