• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.1 Command Line Import Ready?

MRaburn

Is this stable enough to use now? I have a 4 million post site I am ready to move that 1.1 is now available, but would love to import from CLI.

Thanks for any input!

Mike

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
It's still mostly considered unsupported, but people have used it successfully, so I'd give it a try with a test import. :)

MRaburn

Mike,

I installed the importer, but I am not getting the option to choose this as the import. I am getting 4 methods, 2 of them being a Multi Thread importer but it is from the browser. Is there an issue with the CLI 2.0 Private and 1.1 final I am missing? I am importing VB 3.8. None the options below show the CLI options. Should I just use the browser now for 4 mil posts?

Google ChromeScreenSnapz001.jpg

MRaburn

Thanks, I had read that thread prior, but now I see that I do some of the importing from the browser, then posts and threads are handled by the CLI. Ill give this a test.

dethfire

@Jake Bunce has the file location changed? Looking in my zip I downloaded straight from XF I don't see this folder/file existing here <xf_install_root>/library/XFCliImporter/addon-XFCliImporter.xml

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
The CLI importer was removed as it had issues, was not being updated, and was not supported.