1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Comic-like style

Discussion in 'Resource Requests [Archive]' started by captainslater, Jan 26, 2011.

1. captainslater

captainslater Well-Known Member

I'm planning to re-open my comic forum (for translated comics).

So I'm looking for a style representing the funny world of comics. I have no plan how this should look like. I can provide you with a logo graphic which should be used.

I would be very pleased if someone can help me.

ArnyVee and shenmuee like this.
  2. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

EDIT:
    I TOTALLY mis read your post... for some reason I was thinking Images not styles. <facepalm> sorry

Brett Peters likes this.
  3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the graphic if you don't mind, I have a style that could suit a comic type layout that i'm working on.

4. captainslater

I have attached a small version of the logo to get a feel for it. If somebody needs the psd-source file, let me know. Again, thanks everybody for looking into this.

Attached Files:

5. Xarcell

Xarcell Well-Known Member

I will most likely make one at some point. Just be sure to remind me after xF is stable...

6. Xarcell

hmmm....

You mean super hero comics, or the funnies?

7. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

I think he means comic strips not comic books but may be wrong here

8. Xarcell

crap, I started a comic book one. I wasn't too happy with it anyways. I worked on it for a day, and kinda gave up on it. There isn't much inspiration out there, and I'm having a hard time giving it that comic-book feel.

BTW, the superhero in the top is actually a random image(random superheros). Also, I added page peel. The page peel's back to reveal an Ad on mouseover.

Attached Files:

9. Xarcell

Can you show me any example sites that you like captainslater?

10. captainslater

Thanks for giving it a try Xarcell. I translate the comics from www.sev.com.au
    So it's not like the Marvel or DC superheroes, it's more the kind of parody.
    The last version of my website had have a very basic design: Archive 1 and the later forum version was blue with speech bubbles. Right now I have no idea, sadly :/