CometChat [Deleted]

CometChat Team submitted a new resource:

CometChat - Add a full fledged chat solution to your XenForo forums in minutes.

Need to add interactivity to your site? Look no further; CometChat is the leading chat solution for your site which will help you grow your customer base exponentially, drastically increase the time spent by users and add hundreds of new features in a matter of minutes!

CometChat seamlessly integrates with your site. Your users will automatically be logged into CometChat the instant they login to your site. CometChat will show users’ friends in the Who’s Online list as well as integrate...

Read more about this resource...

Have you integrated this with XenForo or still?

I mean is their any new key features for xenforo like usergroup permissions and such?

We may modify these Terms from time to time and such modification will be effective upon posting on this Site. You agree to be bound to any changes to these Terms when you use this Site after any such modification is posted. It is important that you review these Terms regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes made.

Sorry, but if you do not even think users/customers are worth being notified in advance, with a wait period, of changes to terms and conditions then it shows me how much disregard you have for the partnership with customers/users. This clause tells me you could, without warning or notification, use your add-on (current or future version) to download my entire user and forum database.

Please add xenforo usergroup permissions:
Can see chat bar
Can see chat rooms
Can use chat rooms
Can moderate chat rooms
Can use personal messenger
Can access chat logs
Can use video
Please use the same settings as xenforo so it can be used as additional user group permission. Otherwise one setting can block everything.
Please add:
- Integration with xenforo report system.
- A publicly visible bug tracker where we can file bugs to. Previously bug fixes did not end up in new releases so we needed to deal with the same bugs many times.

Has the history function been fixed or does this still need to be turned off?

Can Banned members still talk to other users via your mobile app? imo banned is banned they shouldn't be able to use it.

I know they are using some kind of files to include them in the page container or the header right?

If so then use this condition to wrap that code they gave you:

HTML:
<xen:if is="!{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 1,5}">

<!-- Add CometChat chat header here -->

</xen:if>

1 = Guests and unregistered
5 = Banned members

You can add more usergroups to that, separate them by comma.

Patching a problem up with a band aid solution is no replacement for fixing a problem in the code. The same problem can arise in other parts of cometchat. The cause needs to be addressed.

I used to use cometchat on my Xenforo forum, it worked ok, but had it's problems and that's likely because it's more of a bridge than a real xenforo add on. Not all avatar images would display, it added a overhead to the server, because it's on every page refreshing all the time (Unless you pay to offload it to cometchat servers).

I personally removed it and i think they should work on making a much better version that's better tied into forums permissions/settings and user groups.

Have you integrated this with XenForo or still?

I mean is their any new key features for xenforo like usergroup permissions and such?

Yes, we have written a plugin which provides additional functionality:
1. Ability to restrict chat to certain usergroups
2. Inbox synchronization
3. Ability to chat within Tapatalk app (if you are using Tapatalk)

Regards,

Robert
CometChat Team

Sorry, but if you do not even think users/customers are worth being notified in advance, with a wait period, of changes to terms and conditions then it shows me how much disregard you have for the partnership with customers/users. This clause tells me you could, without warning or notification, use your add-on (current or future version) to download my entire user and forum database.

These are terms for the site and not for the product. Also, we have not modified these terms for years. Again, it is for the site only. Regarding your concern about downloading your user/forum db, our solution is self-hosted and we do not have access to your server at all. You may review our code after purchase to your satisfaction.

Warm regards,

Robert
CometChat Team

Yes, we have written a plugin which provides additional functionality:
1. Ability to restrict chat to certain usergroups
2. Inbox synchronization
3. Ability to chat within Tapatalk app (if you are using Tapatalk)

Regards,

Robert
CometChat Team

This sounds promising, are you providing this add-on with the current sales or is it still under developing?

Can Banned members still talk to other users via your mobile app? imo banned is banned they shouldn't be able to use it.

This has been patched. But if you face any such issue, feel free to email our support and we will be happy to assist you.

Warm regards,

Robert
CometChat Team

I installed it, but:

1. When I set a user group permission of "Can view CometChat" to "Never", although other user groups are set to "Allow", but no one can see it. I should Allow all user groups it seems!

2. When I change the theme, although it says "Successfully updated theme..." but nothing happens. And the star of the new theme doesn't become bold to show that theme is activated. Only "Tapatalk (Recommended color: Tapatalk)" works.

3. I Downloaded "Xenforo (with Tapatalk)" but it didn't have tapatalk folder inside! One thing that persuaded me to purchase it.

4. Chat bar just appears in index page of my forum, and no where else. And so the "Instant PM" button in thread pages are not working. (But if I copy that 2 line code in header, it will work, but in that time, the other settings like user group permissions won't work, because the code is always there)

5. There is no checkbox to set "Sync Chat with Personal Conversation".

6. Although there are lots of people who follow me in my forum, and also I follow some of them, but when we are online, we can't chat and we are not appearing in who's online.

7. Theme color doesn't change (just like #2 problem)

8. It really adds overload to server (I have a dedicated powerful server that just my site is on it, but also it really added overload on my really powerful server, even with these problems that caused not being able to use it or even chat 1 word in it)

And: Although cometchat itself is a great tool, but it seems the support is not as good as cometchat itself. The support is so slow and it seems the cometchat server is down most of the time these days! I want to use this great tool but with these problems, I won't. Also I opened support tickets and I wish to receive answers.

Regards,
Hamed

I installed it, but:

1. When I set a user group permission of "Can view CometChat" to "Never", although other user groups are set to "Allow", but no one can see it. I should Allow all user groups it seems!

2. When I change the theme, although it says "Successfully updated theme..." but nothing happens. And the star of the new theme doesn't become bold to show that theme is activated. Only "Tapatalk (Recommended color: Tapatalk)" works.

3. I Downloaded "Xenforo (with Tapatalk)" but it didn't have tapatalk folder inside! One thing that persuaded me to purchase it.

4. Chat bar just appears in index page of my forum, and no where else. And so the "Instant PM" button in thread pages are not working. (But if I copy that 2 line code in header, it will work, but in that time, the other settings like user group permissions won't work, because the code is always there)

6. Although there are lots of people who follow me in my forum, and also I follow some of them, but when we are online, we can't chat and we are not appearing in who's online.

8. It really adds overload to server (I have a dedicated powerful server that just my site is on it, but also it really added overload on my really powerful server, even with these problems that caused not being able to use it or even chat 1 word in it)

And: Although cometchat itself is a great tool, but it seems the support is not as good as cometchat itself. The support is so slow and it seems the cometchat server is down most of the time these days! I want to use this great tool but with these problems, I won't. Also I opened support tickets and I wish to receive answers.

Regards,
Hamed
On #1 - a Never overrides everything else.

Does the cometchat permission settings have a never option? Or just yes/ no like before.
We used to have the problem that disallowing one usergroup with 'no' would stop all usergroups. So in effect it would be a never.

Does the cometchat permission settings have a never option? Or just yes/ no like before.
We used to have the problem that disallowing one usergroup with 'no' would stop all usergroups. So in effect it would be a never.
It has "Never", but when I set it to never for registered users, even users in admin (and all other) group won't see the chat bar!
it seems that when I set a group permission of viewing comechat to never, it comments the code at all in stead of limiting just that group's users.

I installed it, but:

Regards,
Hamed

Please inbox message me your ticket ID and I'll be happy to get the team to resolve your queries at the earliest. We reply to all queries within 1-2 business days. Am not sure what you mean by CometChat server is down most of the time these days. Can you please elaborate? We have not faced any downtime in years.

Regarding Tapatalk, by "Xenforo (with Tapatalk)" we mean that CometChat will integrate with Xenforo + Tapatalk. So you must already have Tapatalk installed on your site (it's free of charge).

Warm regards,

Robert
CometChat Team

Top Bottom