CometChat [Deleted]

Please inbox message me your ticket ID and I'll be happy to get the team to resolve your queries at the earliest. We reply to all queries within 1-2 business days. Am not sure what you mean by CometChat server is down most of the time these days. Can you please elaborate? We have not faced any downtime in years.

Regarding Tapatalk, by "Xenforo (with Tapatalk)" we mean that CometChat will integrate with Xenforo + Tapatalk. So you must already have Tapatalk installed on your site (it's free of charge).

Warm regards,

Robert
CometChat Team
(Sent you one of my ticket ID)
1.I have Tapatalk since I had forum. I always update it to latest version too.
2.Now is 1.5 day my ticket is not answered, but wish today they answer me.
3. I mean since I purchased cometchat, I couldn't login and had some error like ".... please come back in 10 minutes ..." (I can't remember the exact text). But it was just like that for 2 or some hours. After that I tried more 20 times to download the package but couldn't, it stopped after 42kb downloaded. and finally I could. But even now I'm not using it because of the problems that I said.

I wish you be able to solve the problem, because its a great tool and I want to use it in my forum.

Regards,
Hamed

Hello Matt,

I just checked with the team. They have fixed it but it will be added in the next release. Am sorry for the trouble you faced. Please let me know if you need any assistance w.r.t. this issue.

Warm regards,

Nathan Lewis
CometChat Team

On 6:23PM Jul 22nd
When can we expect the next release?

(Sent you one of my ticket ID)
1.I have Tapatalk since I had forum. I always update it to latest version too.
2.Now is 1.5 day my ticket is not answered, but wish today they answer me.
3. I mean since I purchased cometchat, I couldn't login and had some error like ".... please come back in 10 minutes ..." (I can't remember the exact text). But it was just like that for 2 or some hours. After that I tried more 20 times to download the package but couldn't, it stopped after 42kb downloaded. and finally I could. But even now I'm not using it because of the problems that I said.

I wish you be able to solve the problem, because its a great tool and I want to use it in my forum.

Regards,
Hamed
Also:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/error-while-rebuilding-conversations.106027/#post-990351

Finally it is ready to use.

Thanks. Although it was slow (near by 1 month past to be able to use it) but it was a complete support. And more than 10 problems solved. Now we can use a user friendly chat bar.

There are some errors still remaining but we can use it even with these errors. I'll open tickets after a while for those errors again.

Once again thanks for your kind support (till now)

Was it fixed on your install or is there a new release?
My experience is that cometchat often forgets to release fixes, which means that with each new release the same bug appears again. There is no bug tracker only a helpdesk, so you cannot see the status of a bug report.

Was it fixed on your install or is there a new release?
My experience is that cometchat often forgets to release fixes, which means that with each new release the same bug appears again.
No.
Just mine is fixed.
But I asked them to fix their package for next release and they said they will do.

That's too bad, because you really need it. Years of experience with you have made this very clear. Otherwise reported bugs just keep reappearing in your software releases. A helpdesk simply doesn't work for bugs because tickets can contain long discussions with many issues.
Especially not if fixes are only applied at the installation of the client. Your valuable development time only affects that one client, while others encounter the same bugs and with the next update the same client can also re-encounter the same bug.

Okay I am at my wits end with @CometChat Team really I am...
If anyone has a solution that allows real time chat and IM that's mobile too, I am all ears.
The @Nobita.Kun chat is good, but doesn't work whatsoever on mobiles - as it becomes standard private messages.

Like @Alfa1 we bought the white label platinum package, which is not cheap so I expected more from this tbph :(

I just submitted another ticket but support is slow so I am hoping we may get help here;

One HUGE security issue we have found - is if private messaging in synched, any other people you chat to get included in the messages in your private messages! This is a serious security flaw :eek:
Okay we have some issues with chats again, and this time these have been ongoing for some time.
I've tried manually fixing things but to no avail. I have members on my back about it all the time and it's getting embarrassing and awkward to keep trying to avoid it.

This is on mobile devices;
Some users get alerts that they have chats, but when they click on the chat bar to load the chats - they're then shown a list of names with zeros, in other words not showing ANY chats..

It's a serious issue and my members are really going at me.

Secondly and this is a major security issue!
I tried tying up chats to private messages...
When they do, your chats with other people get included in to the PM's with the conversations you've had!! This is seriously not good.

So I chat with member A and B, a PM is sent, member A is included..
Then I carry on chatting with member B and the chat messages go to the conversation between myself and member A! This is such a bad security issue.. I mean other people will see the content of chats!

Please get back to me as this is all seriously not good.
Two huge issues.

Pm's don't work and of course have a huge security issue now as others will see the messages!
Many thanks

That's too bad, because you really need it. Years of experience with you have made this very clear. Otherwise reported bugs just keep reappearing in your software releases. A helpdesk simply doesn't work for bugs because tickets can contain long discussions with many issues.
Especially not if fixes are only applied at the installation of the client. Your valuable development time only affects that one client, while others encounter the same bugs and with the next update the same client can also re-encounter the same bug.
Hi @Alfa1

We are planning to adopt a public bugtracker, in light of your valuable suggestion. I'll intimate you when we are ready and live. Thanks for bringing it up.

Regards,

Robert

Hi @Alfa1

We are planning to adopt a public bugtracker, in light of your valuable suggestion. I'll intimate you when we are ready and live. Thanks for bringing it up.

Regards,

Robert
Thank you. I think this is a big step forward as cometchat clients will be able to enter bugs there and see what is happening with each bug. Please make it so that it is visible in which release the fix is included.

I also think that CometChat can learn from XenForo's release methods: XF releases a maintenance release about monthly which includes fixes for all bugs found in that month, except for those fixes that require major changes in the software. This way the software gets a lot of stability and reliability.

Top Bottom