CometChat [Deleted]

Hi Alfa 1,

We're implementing a forum so it can act as a bug tracker and knowledge base, it should be up and ready soon

Thanks,
Robert
You had a forum before right? I remember lot of people screaming public about their problems and your support/license policies comparing to competitors etc..
Why took it down?

Last edited:
Just noticed your ($249 + $149 yearly renew) premium edition and higher only support mobile browsers.
So if we purchase lower editions like for $49,$129 etc.. site will look crap on mobiles even with free xenforo mobile skin?
Without even simple mobile browser support all other lower editions are simply useless in real world usage because nowadays most of the people use mobiles to browse forums.

Your competitor Arrowchat has mobile browser support from cheapest basic version. So its not a good business decision to have simple mobile browser support only with very expensive editions only.

Just noticed your ($249 + $149 yearly renew) premium edition and higher only support mobile browsers.
So if we purchase lower editions like for $49,$129 etc.. site will look crap on mobiles even with free xenforo mobile skin?
Without even simple mobile browser support all other lower editions are simply useless in real world usage because nowadays most of the people use mobiles to browse forums.

Your competitor Arrowchat has mobile browser support from cheapest basic version. So its not a good business decision to have simple mobile browser support only with very expensive editions only.
oh thanks for the notice. I was about to buy the $49 edition looking at support for Xenforo. $249 with $129 per year renew is extremely expensive for just a chat plugin.

Unfortunately, That's right!
We should pay at least $249 to have a mobile compatible version.
Even the dedicated popout page is not supported in mobile browsers!
I loved this chat plugin, but since nowadays most of users are using mobile devices, so its usage is decreased a lot (at least I see in my site. Until this moment: only 1973 messages in cometchat in more than 3 months - Site members: +14300 users - I think more than 700 messages are mine! As you see number of threads created in my forum in this 3 months is a lot! more than number of chats in cometchat of my site!)

Unfortunately, That's right!
We should pay at least $249 to have a mobile compatible version.
Even the dedicated popout page is not supported in mobile browsers!
I loved this chat plugin, but since nowadays most of users are using mobile devices, so its usage is decreased a lot (at least I see in my site. Until this moment: only 1973 messages in cometchat in more than 3 months - Site members: +14300 users - I think more than 700 messages are mine! As you see number of threads created in my forum in this 3 months is a lot! more than number of chats in cometchat of my site!)
yes, worthless to pay $249 and $125 each year just for a chat. All low editions are useless in real world
thanks god! I was about to buy the basic version thinking this is a reasonable solution for xenforo.

Reactions: Max
Honestly, I don't think that's expensive for a full featured chat script like this. Well, if it would work bug free. Which will surely not happen until there is a public bug tracker.

Hi Max,

We are working on adding back our forum. It's been offline since a few years. But we are looking at Q1 2016 to add it back.

Thank you for your suggestion regarding adding mobile compatibility to lower editions. I have forwarded your feedback to our team and they will be considering it. As of now, please email us at sales@cometchat.com and we will try and work out a solution for you within your budget.

Warm Regards,
Robert

When you buy cometchat please be aware they give NO refund. So if you buy the $49 or $129 version without knowing the mobile issues, then you are forced to buy the $249 + $125 yearly renew version or put all that previous money in drain.

https://www.cometchat.com/legal/refund-policy

We do provide refunds (within 14 days of purchase) if you were unaware that mobile browser support is not included in Basic/Professional Edition.

Regards,
Robert

5.8 has been released, how do we upgrade then? No upgrade instructions provided, and none available on your site.

Honestly, I don't think that's expensive for a full featured chat script like this. Well, if it would work bug free. Which will surely not happen until there is a public bug tracker.
I have read in other post you have already spent $1000+ on cometchat license and mods and you complain about cometchat hiding the bug tracker and closing forum to hide the true nature about the script etc...
I feel like you are trying to save your investment by saying good things about cometchat here ;)

We do provide refunds (within 14 days of purchase) if you were unaware that mobile browser support is not included in Basic/Professional Edition.

Regards,
Robert
Thanks, but your previous users and refund policy says a totally different story. Anyway appreciate the positive change.

I have read in other post you have already spent $1000+ on cometchat license and mods and you complain about cometchat hiding the bug tracker and closing forum to hide the true nature about the script etc...
I feel like you are trying to save your investment by saying good things about cometchat here ;)
I can understand your concern. Let me fill you in completely. After trying to get cometchat to work for two years, there was a point in time (last year) when I had come to the conclusion that in its current state cometchat was just not going to work on my big board. In my previous posts I have explained the problems I encountered. Last year I uninstalled Cometchat. After talking things through with the CEO of Cometchat she kindly decided to refund me. So I have no investment to protect. I have no reason to have bad feelings or to hide what my experience is with cometchat.

In my personal opinion CometChat is great functionality second to none, which at the same time is plagued by a lot of bugs which just are not getting fixed. In its current state I would not advise it to anyone. (except for very small/inactive sites) But at the same time it is very promising software and if @CometChat Team charts all open bugs in a public bug tracker and then implements fixes in a way that its clear which bug fixes are in what release, then IMHO I will surely take another look at the software.

I can understand your concern. Let me fill you in completely. After trying to get cometchat to work for two years, there was a point in time (last year) when I had come to the conclusion that in its current state cometchat was just not going to work on my big board. In my previous posts I have explained the problems I encountered. Last year I uninstalled Cometchat. After talking things through with the CEO of Cometchat she kindly decided to refund me. So I have no investment to protect. I have no reason to have bad feelings or to hide what my experience is with cometchat.

In my personal opinion CometChat is great functionality second to none, which at the same time is plagued by a lot of bugs which just are not getting fixed. In its current state I would not advise it to anyone. (except for very small/inactive sites) But at the same time it is very promising software and if @CometChat Team charts all open bugs in a public bug tracker and then implements fixes in a way that its clear which bug fixes are in what release, then IMHO I will surely take another look at the software.

Thank you Alfa for your feedback. I've escalated your issue regarding a public bug tracker to the team and we are definitely taking a look at it. I'm hoping that it will be live in the coming weeks.

Regards,
Robert

Top Bottom