• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Collapsible Sidebar

TFH

What this is
This is a query toggle to collapse your sidebar. It will add a cookie to save your setting.

Installation
  1. Upload the contents of the upload folder to your XenForo root directory.
  2. Import addon-collapsible_sidebar.xml
  3. That is it!
Frequently Asked Questions (I will add to these as they arise)
  1. I am not seeing the sidebar icon that collapses/expands, how do I fix that?
    • This is likely due to you using a different style directory other than default. This addon is setup so that you can use custom arrows (left and right) for each of your styles. In order to fix this, you must upload the CollapsibleSidebar folder to each of your style folders.
Compatibility
This has been tested in IE8, IE9, Chrome, as well as Firefox, all seem to be well.

Demo
If you would like to see a demo, you can see it at BBSmiley.

Please feel free to let me know what you think, or how we can improve it.

Attachments

nice job :thumbup:

but,i think, this line must be modify
Code:
$('.mainContent').animate({marginRight:'260px'},'slow');
marginRight:260 is for only Default Style (sidebar width+10)

Looks Cool. Works great too.

Do you think newbies might hide things and then not be able to find them ?
Anyone ever heard of that ?

IMHO a noob will find anything that is there to be a problem eventually.
Hence the term: Noob.

Any ideas for noob-protection here ?
Hidden things expire after a certain amount of time, ie show themselves again ?
Maybe after a few of the hide/unhide cycles, it becomes permanently hidden until manually opened.
Would this precaution not be worth the hassle ? <-- my vote :)

I wouldn't do it because if they are noobs they are probably using IE(just a guess, but an educated one lol) and IE is defaulted to remove cookies at exit(I think?) and so all is good, if anything it should teach them not to be a noob.

I have an idea to expand on the whole toggle sidebar thing. I'll hit you up later on msn and we can discuss that TFH. And excellent job. (y)

Top Bottom