• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Collapsible Sidebar

Did this get abandoned? What a great little addon. Is it the only collapsible sidebar addon, because I see those on pretty much every single xF forum.

Did this get abandoned? What a great little addon. Is it the only collapsible sidebar addon, because I see those on pretty much every single xF forum.

I think the collapsible sidebar is a feature of some themes? Or is this a default feature in the software somewhere? Looks very useful so hard to believe that it is just a mod and not in the core.

I think the collapsible sidebar is a feature of some themes? Or is this a default feature in the software somewhere? Looks very useful so hard to believe that it is just a mod and not in the core.
Both http://xenstyles.com and http://xenique.com have a framework that offer it as an option.

Afaik, theres a bug with notices on this add-on (I know theres one with my framework which is being fixed this week), but other than that it works fine.

The only bug I can think of is the hardcoded value of 260px, which presupposes using a style similar to the default style. I use a style heavily based on default, so it looks great on my end.

The only bug I can think of is the hardcoded value of 260px, which presupposes using a style similar to the default style. I use a style heavily based on default, so it looks great on my end.
Rarely ever does a style modify the width of the sidebar (Not much point in increasing its width as its wasted screen real estate).

The issue is that with the notice system there are multiple bugs (scroll bars, overlapped notices, broken layout), though I'm not sure if they're the same for this add-on.

The issue is that with the notice system there are multiple bugs (scroll bars, overlapped notices, broken layout)

Are you saying here that the collapsible-sidebar introduces problems to the notices system? Or, rather that there are bugs with the notices system itself? Because after some tinkering I've indeed found bugs combining this sidebar with moving notices.

Are you saying here that the collapsible-sidebar introduces problems to the notices system? Or, rather that there are bugs with the notices system itself? Because after some tinkering I've indeed found bugs combining this sidebar with moving notices.
Causes bugs with the notice system.

What I meant was, can other collapsible sidebars overcome this? Or is the notices system constructed in such a way that any collapsible sidebar will introduce defects?

What I meant was, can other collapsible sidebars overcome this? Or is the notices system constructed in such a way that any collapsible sidebar will introduce defects?
The framework I wrote for Xenique can (And the one bug we had with notices should be fixed now).

Top Bottom