CodeForum - A coding community

The site is coming along nicely, keep up the good work. Nice to see ThemeHouse help you out when they don't have to, every little bit of help people are willing to give is great, even if it is stuff you could do yourself. Saved time and allows you to focus on other things.
I agree! They were a big help, helps me get focused on the community rather than focusing on the design.

I join your community because, i needed answers to my questions or at-least some replies in it, I keep visiting your forum daily. when i get a feeling like there is nothing interesting here and no body even bother to reply to my question, it is strong possibility that i will never visit it again and that forum will be like junk or crap from my point of view. this is what i feel, you should think of it as you are loosing your customer just because when they asked something, you or your team was not there who showed presence by at-least replying something.

You loosed one customer like me, who wished to visit your forum everyday with new hopes to learn something.

I do Support to @JoyFreak on his question
Even though there’s 39 unanswered questions? What have you focused on?

this post is in interest to help you in making improvements in your forum and not for any other purpose.

Looks good @Malcolm M - good colour scheme and amount of content for a new site.

The only thing I'd change, and this is just my personal opinion, is to remove the "newest members" column from the forum stats and just concentrate on latest posts, new resources, new threads, hottest threads etc. I don't see the need in using it for listing the last 10 members to join.

Good luck with your site, ignore the negativity that some members seem to "enjoy" spewing on here :)

I join your community because, i needed answers to my questions or at-least some replies in it, I keep visiting your forum daily. when i get a feeling like there is nothing interesting here and no body even bother to reply to my question, it is strong possibility that i will never visit it again and that forum will be like junk or crap from my point of view. this is what i feel, you should think of it as you are loosing your customer just because when they asked something, you or your team was not there who showed presence by at-least replying something.

You loosed one customer like me, who wished to visit your forum everyday with new hopes to learn something.

this post is in interest to help you in making improvements in your forum and not for any other purpose.
I apologize that your question was left unanswered. But you need to understand that most members have different levels of experience which may lead to some delay with answers. You also need to take in fact that we only have 100 members, which means we’re not like stack overflow and you’ll expect an answer in 5 mins, you need to be patient.

If you don’t plan on visiting again then that’s your decision and I respect that.

Looks good @Malcolm M - good colour scheme and amount of content for a new site.

The only thing I'd change, and this is just my personal opinion, is to remove the "newest members" column from the forum stats and just concentrate on latest posts, new resources, new threads, hottest threads etc. I don't see the need in using it for listing the last 10 members to join.

Good luck with your site, ignore the negativity that some members seem to "enjoy" spewing on here :)
I appreciate the positive feedback @Gemma!

I was actually thinking of the same thing. There isn’t really a need for it. I’ll make some changes to it shortly!

I’ll try thank you very much for the support :)

In regards to your question:

I personally could not answer this question myself, so I asked other members who were experienced in PHP. They have both said that this a complex question and can be very difficult. But a member has replied to your topic and I recommend you taking a look at it.

I apologize for the delay in responding to your statement.

Just thought you should know, I am getting this when visiting your forum:
View attachment 204737
Hello @JoyFreak,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention! I had a member on CodeForum mention this as well. This appears to be a false alarm and I noticed that our site is only blacklisted on McAFee and I have reached out them asking to be removed as it's a false alarm. You may continue to see this alarm from 3-5 business days from now.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Hello XenForo,

Added a new add-on called Badge's by @CMTV, I'm hoping to use this add-on the help members of the community to identify experienced coders throughout the community. To get a badge a member would have to contribute to the community, so if you've been tutoring members in a particular language you'd a get a badge, and or have a great deal of knowledge with a particular programming language then you'll get the badge awarded to you.

You can check the badges out here! https://codeforum.org/help/badges/

Last edited:
Top Bottom