CodeForum - A coding community

I haven't found any forum for coders that fit my needs. Most of them are disorganized and there is a lack of management and moderation. I am going to sign up and become active for sure :)

EDIT: I noticed some members don't know how to use HTML tags:

I'd suggest to make forum rules and FAQs more noticeable to new members

I haven't found any forum for coders that fit my needs. Most of them are disorganized and there is a lack of management and moderation. I am going to sign up and become active for sure :)

That’s awesome! I’m looking to have a well established, organized community. I want members to be able to learn from CodeForum. And hope you can learn too!

There are rules and guidelines but members don’t appear to be reading them so I’ll redo them for members to better understand them. E.g. include small gifs etc.

I have corrected the thread, thank you! Proper instructions will be introduced soon :)

Proper instructions have been posted! :)

Last edited:
I can see you are working hard but using too many node background images on a forum with multiple nodes isn't a good idea. It could look messy and annoying as ATM, looking at the screenshot, I can tell it will be difficult to read the text which is more important than fancy BG images!

GL

It’s not 100% final but I’m liking the node styling by @ThemeHouse!
Looks amazingly like what I did with TH UI.X Pro, for a sports forum. Idea was discarded because of the page load bloat of the node images, and due to inherent readability issues inside the node blocks. Went with just team official colors instead, for each node block.

pffexample.webp.

I can see you are working hard but using too many node background images on a forum with multiple nodes isn't a good idea. It could look messy and annoying as ATM, looking at the screenshot, I can tell it will be difficult to read the text which is more important than fancy BG images!

GL
Working very hard! The images are not final. I don’t plan on using them, I’m making custom ones which not interfere with the node text.
Looks amazingly like what I did with TH UI.X Pro, for a sports forum. Idea was discarded because of the page load bloat of the node images, and due to inherent readability issues inside the node blocks. Went with just team official colors instead, for each node block.

View attachment 202302.
Thanks @Manster54! You’re s look My pretty amazing too! Looks like we’re both using UI.X! I’ll look into the page load thing, I was thinking of just doing the icons but will see how it goes! Thanks for giving me the heads up too!

Yeah, you definitely will want to choose images that don't have text in them (at least not in the way I see above), makes the node impossible to read. Should be able to swap them out though!

Working very hard! The images are not final. I don’t plan on using them, I’m making custom ones which not interfere with the node text.

Thanks @Manster54! You’re s look My pretty amazing too! Looks like we’re both using UI.X! I’ll look into the page load thing, I was thinking of just doing the icons but will see how it goes! Thanks for giving me the heads up too!
You can visit the site and take a look, I was never happy with the node blocks in any event, but the owner is, so...

Lots of folks are using images in those, and if you use small filesize, well optimized images it won't add too much bloat if you don't have a lot of nodes.

By the way that little node hover trick goes like this in extra.less:

.node-body:hover { transform: scale(1.06); }
Make the value whatever suits you.

Yeah, you definitely will want to choose images that don't have text in them (at least not in the way I see above), makes the node impossible to read. Should be able to swap them out though!
I was thinking of just have a dark background then in the top corner of the background have the symbol that represents each node. Why do you think?
You can visit the site and take a look, I was never happy with the node blocks in any event, but the owner is, so...

Lots of folks are using images in those, and if you use small filesize, well optimized images it won't add too much bloat if you don't have a lot of nodes.

By the way that little node hover trick goes like this in extra.less:

.node-body:hover { transform: scale(1.06); }
Make the value whatever suits you.
Thanks!! I’ll have a look!

This isn’t final so I may change my mind eventually if I’m not a fan of node background images

Top Bottom