MG 1.1 Code for more Exif data

snoopy5

XFMG 1.1.17

I want to add more Exif fields. It seems that the name {value} is not the correct one. Where can I look up the code for specific Exif information , i.e. lens or zoom with producer name and zoom range or flash used or metering mode or exposure compensation etc.?

You can specifically control which EXIF data is displayed in the media gallery options.

Yes, I saw this. But it does not work that easy.

If I create more exif data fields, they do not appear in MG. So I assume that I need to put in the last row a special code so that MG understands it. I do not find a place to look for that code. Compare the standard Exif fields with mine in the third row.

That should work as it is. They wouldn't work for images you have already uploaded. There is a rebuild tool to rebuild the EXIF data for existing images and with that the new values should take effect as long as it actually is present in the EXIF data.

That should work as it is. They wouldn't work for images you have already uploaded. There is a rebuild tool to rebuild the EXIF data for existing images and with that the new values should take effect as long as it actually is present in the EXIF data.

The information is present in the image but it is either not displayed at all or it is displayed wrong.

As metering mode: Matrix metering, but it shows a 5

The name of the zoom is not shown at all

I created all exif fields before I uploaded the images.

Often EXIF data values are integers which represent other values.

It would require some sort of add-on to translate that into something meaningful. The specifics of that though are beyond the scope of support.

Often EXIF data values are integers which represent other values.

It would require some sort of add-on to translate that into something meaningful. The specifics of that though are beyond the scope of support.

But where did you look up the code like
Code:
ISO {value}
or
Code:
{xen:calc '{value}'} mm
?

I looked here:

But they use different code or not enough code so that XFMG understands it.

I don't really understand what you're asking.

{value} is just the raw value in the EXIF data. ISO is just a string that we prepend to that so it displays the value prefixed with the text ISO.

{xen:calc '{value}'} mm is essentially XF template syntax. It may not have been necessary in that case. I suspect we could have just used {value} mm for that one.

So what you are saying is that XFMG does not calculate anything. It only takes the numbers from the Exif data and displays them according to the order in the XFMG ACP?

If that is the case, why are not all my fields shown - even if they would be empty? Is there some kind of maximum number of fields displayable which is lower than the ability to add Exif fields in the ACP?

So waht you are saying is that XFMG does not calcuate anythig. It only takes the numbers from the Exif data and displays them according to the order in the XFMG ACP?
Correct.

If that is the case, why are not all my fields shown - even if they would be empty?
If the value is empty we don't show an entry for it. If the values are not shown then they are simply not there. They are either empty or do not exist, or they are in a different category within the data (e.g. EXIF, FILE, COMPUTED, IFD0) than what you have specified.

Is there some kind of maximum number of fields displayable which is lower than the ability to add Exif fields in the ACP?
There are no limits, no.

Top Bottom