Browser issue  [code] bbCode Tag issue

lightbox

There's an issue with the code bbCode tag in Internet Explorer 8, if you post a very long line of code (see below, lots of blank space in the box, below the code). Doesn't happen with Firefox, doesn't happen with quote tag.

Code:
one short line of code

Code:
One very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very long line of code
... longer than the width of the code content box.

Facing this issue in RC2 - was there ever a resolution to this problem? Obviously removing the max-height: 500px; CSS works, but it would obviously mean the page would get longer and longer should a large piece of code be posted.

Just one extra bit of information:
In IE8 with "compatibility mode" OFF, the problem occcurs.
With "compatibility mode" ON the problem is gone.
I wonder how this behaves in IE9 (haven't installed the IE9 Release Candidate).

This is an IE8 bug: http://edskes.net/ie/ie8overflowandexpandingboxbugs.htm (bottom bug there). There seem to be some implications that it's fixed in IE9.

A possible workaround is to add this to the "BB Code Pre / Code" extra css:
Code:
max-height: none\9
However, this means that if someone pastes in hundreds of lines of code, you're not going to get a limited height. To me, I'd rather have the limited height (otherwise it's a nightmare to scroll horizontally), which is when this comes up.

Top Bottom