CMSGamers.org

do you have any sites or friends sites who push at least 100k traffic per day, or funds to buy enough traffic in order to see if your script could even handle high traffic/server loads?

Ouch, that developer you hired downright copied the entire thing, even the menu is the same. Wow.

I had this happen to me once when I was trying to get a custom add-on for XF developed from a Freelancer I hired on oDesk.com.
One day I just happened to go into the ACP (test site) to play with permission settings and I noticed that he had installed the xenquotation add-on. At first I thought maybe he was just testing how to install/uninstall stuff to make sure it works. But eventually, I starting noticing that he was instead, simply using this add-on and just changing a bit of code here and there in order to make it do what I wanted it to do. He even left the XenQuotations copyright notice in there!

In the end I ended up having to contact oDesk staff and I had to submit his work along with the XenQuotations Add-on to them so they could investigate. They determined it was plagiarized and gave me the refund and I just deleted his crap off my server.

You may end up having to do the same. Good luck.

Yeah no probs. Contact this free lancer and try and get your money back. He probably just bought the package, and then "added" new features when a new update came out.

Actually, he didn't even give me all the features that were listed on the codecanyon page, also has lot's of bugs, I really don't know what his deal is. I've deleted it off my server, what sucks is I'm back to square one with no script. :/ I'm definitely reporting him to freelancer, hopefully they'll refund what I paid.

Here's a demo of my new project with my cmsgamers project: http://cmsgamers.org/demo/

Instead of having a custom cms designed for a gaming themed website, I decided I'm going to use wordpress as the backbone and release it as a Wordpress Mod Pack preinstalled with plugins and custom features.

Also, the design is custom designed by me and I'll be adding many more themes/templates that can be used with this.

The main premise of this project for my long term goals are to offer everything you would need to run a proper game review website, gaming fansite and a guild/clan website.

The first release will be in a few day's and will be geared towards a gaming review type website, I also plan to add tons of features to it over time as I sell theme/templates that will help fund even more custom features that would be needed for these types of websites.

The main feature that I want to get in ASAP (as I have funding available) is relational content, so that when you add news, videos, reviews etc you can select which games they belong too, so they info show's up on the appropriate game page.

Let me know what you think, the main website is still: http://www.cmsgamers.org/ - anyone will be able to release templates and custom plugins to share/sell that relate to this project, so if you are interested, check it out.

Top Bottom