Lack of interest closed threads = closed polls

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

dieketzer

currently, if i create a new thread that includes a poll and elect to post the thread as 'closed', users are unable to vote in the poll. there is no way to 'reopen' the poll.
if this is by design it makes no sense to me. if i didnt want people voting in the poll, i wouldnt have posted it. if i came later and decided to close the poll and leave the thread open, i can do that by closing the poll. but there is currently no way to post a poll without also allowing replies to be posted to the thread.

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is indeed intentional, and it's a pretty standard behavior of forum software packages. I do see your point, but I will move this to suggestions. The problem with a change is what it does to existing polls.

This is indeed intentional, and it's a pretty standard behavior of forum software packages. I do see your point, but I will move this to suggestions. The problem with a change is what it does to existing polls.

Sometimes you just want a thread where noone can reply to and just vote... With XenForo this isn't possible :S

Top Bottom