XF 1.5 Close link (X) on the menu drop-downs?

Stuart Wright

On the responsive design on a mobile device (e.g. iPhone), the account popup menu fills the screen, so there is no way to get rid of it.
How hard would it be to add a close link (e.g. a font awesome circled X button) located top right of the popup box to close it?

It would likely require some custom JS to trigger the menu to close (or proxy click outside of the menu).

That said, your menu is, for some reason, somewhat wider than the default and I can't particularly see a good reason for it to be. A simpler solution may well be to reduce its width. On a 4 inch phone screen, there's still plenty enough space to tap out of the menu on the default style.

With the menu open you can still scroll the page down then click anywhere off the menu. I know it isn't the answer you're looking for but I do it often on various sites.

With the menu open you can still scroll the page down then click anywhere off the menu. I know it isn't the answer you're looking for but I do it often on various sites.
On desktop this isn't anything like inconvenient, but on mobile it is less easy, and a close button top right of the menu seems to me to be a much more user friendly way to help people use the menus.

A close "button" would take up valuable space in a navigation menu. Not mention you would need to provide a space for that when closed or you would get some weird behavior when opening.

Clicking the tab again should close it honestly, especially since there is a profile link in the menu.

Top Bottom