XF 2.0 Close conversations

polle

Some new users go and open a conversation inviting 10 members to ask something instead of opening a thread in the forum.

Imagine I add 10 active members here to a conversation to ask this instead of opening a thread. That is happening and as an admin I need to close those conversations telling the user to open a thread.

How?

Some new users go and open a conversation inviting 10 members to ask something instead of opening a thread in the forum.

Imagine I add 10 active members here to a conversation to ask this instead of opening a thread. That is happening and as an admin I need to close those conversations telling the user to open a thread.

How?

One option would be to limit the number of people users can start a private conversation within certain usergroups. This will encourage users to start threads where appropriate, while not preventing users from using the conversations system for legitimate reasons.

To do this, head to Groups & permissions, User group permissions. Select the group/s you would like to set this for.

Then scroll to Conversation permissions. Set Maximum conversation recipients to your choosing as shown:

Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 1.23.49 pm.webp

Top Bottom