Fixed Clicking name in autocomplete dropdown when tagging doesn't insert name into editor

It looks like you only have approximately 3 seconds to choose the nickname from the dropdown menu, after that time the dropdown is still present but if you click on a nickname it isn't going to be added to the post. After the 3 seconds if you want to get it to work you should do double click. Firefox 21.0 on Windows 7.

@chulapi - it's not time dependent, or it least it's not as long as 3 seconds. I have just tried with your name and with some others where I instantly clicked when the dropdown appeared but none were autocompleted.

Hi @Martok! at least on my testing on Firefox 21.0 - Windows 7 I have something like 3 seconds to get it to work, after that time then I have to use double click. In other words before the 3 seconds it always work fine.

@chulapi yes, I can confirm that there is a 3 second window in Firefox 21.0 - Windows 7 to click on a name to autocomplete the tag. In Chrome 27 - Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 10 - Windows 7 it's virtually a 0 second window.

Appears to be fixed now with Firefox 21.0 - Windows 7.

Nope, still not working on Firefox 21.0 - Windows 7. The time may be slightly longer than 3 seconds to make the click but it is still broken. Same issue as before on Chrome 27 and IE10 on Windows 7.

There is deffo a time delay here, I can reproduce the original bug - usually after leaving the box open for a second or two before clicking.

Works in Chrome 27 on Windows 7 :)
Works in Firefox 21 on Windows 7 :)
Doesn't work in IE10 on Windows 7 :( Even the double click workaround doesn't work (though pressing Enter does).

Confirmed in IE10 on Windows 8 - clicking or double clicking the name just closes the list. Clicking or double clicking the avatar works correctly.

I had this problem in Midori. I know it's not a common browser so sort of gave up on it. I use Midori as my browser of last resort when the others get full.

Top Bottom