1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As Designed Click to Dismiss Notification

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Sadik B, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

The new notifications are cool! :)

I saw the Welcome to XF 1.5 notice, with click here for more details. I clicked it and got to the HYS thread. Again I see the Welcome to XF 1.5 notice, click here for more details! Now... Didn't I click that already.... Ok click again, same page! Then I realize oh you have to dismiss it (and the top right cross wasn't visible until I moved my mouse on it).

So either

a> When someone clicks on the link inside the notification, the notification should be auto-dismissed

OR

b> At the very least, the page which the notifications links to (if inside xenforo) should not show the notification.

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

These aren't really bugs. They are just how it works, and, ultimately the same way Notices have always worked.

imthebest likes this.
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I would say that auto dismissing on click would be bad and unexpected in various cases. Page based limits aren't really viable either. Bear in mind that the content in a notice is totally arbitrary, potentially having multiple links, etc.

Valhalla and imthebest like this.