Fixed  'click this image...'

dieketzer

Well if you can still reproduce it - I've not seen any other reports about it since I made changes to the system... Pointing out bugs in the test forum is pretty much the last place they'll be seen.
i cant really reproduce it, but it happens so frequently that i only need to visit a couple pages for it to happen.

screengrab from 5 minutes ago:
bug004.webp

this image is an embedded attachment, already shown full size in the post. i opened the image on the right, then moused over the image on the left to demonstrate the tooltip:View attachment 9607

this one will also open an oversized image, although they frequently dont. note that subsequent embeds of the same image on that page in follow up posts didnt display the same behaviour. neither did this one on the second visit to the page:
View attachment 9608

ive noticed this since the earliest betas. i always figured it was a known bug, so i never commented on it.
these screengrabs were done while using win ff 3.6.13. the incident yesterday occurred while using win ff 4b8. i havent noticed if this is happening on linux or not. ive gotten pretty used to this bug.

View attachment 9819

Hit ctrl+f5 (and confirm that you can't see the thumbs disappearing thing). Does it still happen? There was another change that went in that may actually fix this.

Hit ctrl+f5 (and confirm that you can't see the thumbs disappearing thing). Does it still happen? There was another change that went in that may actually fix this.
the thumb issue seems to be resolved.
i wasnt seeing any 'click this image' tooltips until i moused over a pic of a puppy in the pets thread. i got excited then realised the image actually did open into its larger version... so that appears to be working as expected.
it looks like these bugs may be fixed :) if it happens to me again i will come find this thread.

the thumb issue seems to be resolved.
i wasnt seeing any 'click this image' tooltips until i moused over a pic of a puppy in the pets thread. i got excited then realised the image actually did open into its larger version... so that appears to be working as expected.
it looks like these bugs may be fixed :) if it happens to me again i will come find this thread.
I just had this happen on one image in a thread. Quite confusing.
eta: it certainly isnt happening as much, havent seen one since clearing out cache. i will be looking for one

Based on the way the image opened, I think it's actually down to FF reporting the wrong width at one point, and then us caching it. I'm not using that cache now and I haven't had it, but it's likely to be a bit random as well.

Let me know if you see it again.

Top Bottom