1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CLI Cache Rebuilds 1.0

Rebuild your XenForo caches from the command line.

1. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Slavik submitted a new resource:

CLI Cache Rebuilds - Rebuild your XenForo caches from the command line.

Read more about this resource...

Jarod, x3sphere, Liam W and 6 others like this.
  2. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Could you create a github repo for this? I have a few things I wouldn't mind contributing.

Liam

Xon likes this.
  3. maxicep

maxicep Active Member

Is Searchindex rebuild feature supports the elasticsearch search system if it set? @Slavik

4. Slavik

Yes

5. maxicep

maxicep Active Member

I run the search rebuild last night and it was stopped when morning. Rebuild was not completed, i will go to run from web interface today :/

P.S: Have about 7million posts

6. Slavik

Any error thrown?

7. maxicep

maxicep Active Member

No i didn't see any error record on server error logs. It may stop while database backup process i think but i don't know where is the stop point so i must start rebuild from beginning :)

You may modify this program for write a log while processing. So, if you write a process log real-time in cli directory, we can know where stopped the long rebuilds and start again where it left off.

8. Slavik

If the backup caused the database to become inaccessible that would stop it.

9. maxicep

maxicep Active Member

Yes it may related with that issue but you should think the log file while processing rebuilds :)

10. Slavik

eva2000 and Liam W like this.
  11. Slavik

Incidentally, if the database is unavailable due to said backup, it wouldn't be able to write out an error to the error log anyway :)

I probably wouldnt include file-logging.

12. Travis-Mc

Travis-Mc Member

I can't figure out how to make this work for XMG cache rebuilds.. It's over my head. I've spent hours rebuilding using the regular web based tools. How much faster is this compared to using the regular web based tools?

13. Slavik

It's marginally faster, the main reason for these tools is to kick them off in the background.

14. Travis-Mc

Travis-Mc Member

Thanks Slavik. I guess I'll just stick with the normal process.