XF 2.0 Clean and Restart Import

Grahame

I'm working on a Vb4 to XF2.x upgrade - I've done a clean pass of the importer(s) including the massive photo gallery, and now I'm ready to do it for real. Is there a way to erase all of the data and re-run the importer without deleting all of the add-ons, style changes, option changes etc that I've made during the testing?

There is no reset function, you will have to manually delete all imported content (users, threads, etc.).
Or you could restore the backup you took before starting the import (you did do this as recommended, right?).

Or you could restore the backup you took before starting the import (you did do this as recommended, right?).
Yes, but won't that erase all of the customization/styles/add-ons etc that were done AFTER the import? There wasn't really a way for me to know what I needed to customize until I had content.

The best thing to do is to create a backup and run the backup on your localhost.

Then do the import, and re-configure everything based on your setup on your localhost.

Top Bottom