Classified forums

Classified forums [Paid] 1.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Classified forums - Converts selected forums into classified forums.

Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $35.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Description:

Converts selected forums into classified forums.

(Example of classified forum view)

View attachment 216041

(Example of Options page)

[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

Awesome! Is there any way to sort / switch which attachment is listed first in a post out of curiosity?

Not in this add-on, but I mean, anywhere....

Awesome! Is there any way to sort / switch which attachment is listed first in a post out of curiosity?

Not in this add-on, but I mean, anywhere....
I asked @AndyB the same question, as I have some classifieds posts that have a PDF document as the first attachment, rather than an image. Andy mentioned that he has no plans at present to change the code to "skip" to the first image attached.

I generally require all items listed for sale on my forum, to have photos of the item(s) attached to the FOR SALE post.

The add-on works well, though. I am running it for all of my classifieds-related sub-forums. You should be able to see it in action here:

Then just click into one of the FOR SALE or WANTED sub-forums.

I asked @AndyB the same question, as I have some classifieds posts that have a PDF document as the first attachment, rather than an image. Andy mentioned that he has no plans at present to change the code to "skip" to the first image attached.

I generally require all items listed for sale on my forum, to have photos of the item(s) attached to the FOR SALE post.

The add-on works well, though. I am running it for all of my classifieds-related sub-forums. You should be able to see it in action here:

Then just click into one of the FOR SALE or WANTED sub-forums.
Thanks or the reply, yes, I also spoke with Andy, it's probably beyond the scope of the Add-on anyway, it's more about the way XF handles attachments, but that's ok.

I've been happily using the add-on for a week now, and I'm very pleased! I did use it for my classifieds forum, but I found it so useful that I also added it to my Biography Forum, and a few other places:

Am I correct in concluding that the main (only?) feature of the addon is to swap out the user avatar with a thumbnail of the first attachment in the post? Is it a true thumbnail? Where is it stored? Any database changes?

I don't have my password handy for Andy's site, otherwise I'd look myself. Thanks!

This is having zero effect using Pixel Exit Flat Awesome

We modify the avatar column in that template which is why I'm assuming it's not working.

If you want too... just copy the entire "thread_list_macros" template from XF default style and overwrite your "thread_list_macros" on your child style. Should load then.

It is working just fine for me with PixelExit Flat Awesome.

The only time a picture doesn't show up, is when there is a PDF or other non-image as the first attachment, or there is no attachment at all in the first post of the thread

See attached from a couple of my sub-forums.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 12.46.47 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 12.46.47 PM.webp
    69 KB · Views: 45
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 12.47.09 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 12.47.09 PM.webp
    74.4 KB · Views: 49
Does anyone know how I can make the attachment image in the list a bit larger which I would presume would also require the column to be made wider...thanks

Find the template andy_classified_forums.less and you'll see:
CSS:
.classified-forums {
    display: table-cell;
    padding: 10px 10px 5px 10px;
    width: 75px;
}
Change the width to whatever you want.

Thanks @penturners however there is a display issue that increases if you increase the width.

For example here is a screen shot at 1024 x 768:
1.webp

Now look at it on a mobile device. Note the huge whit space above the title of each entry:
2.webp

I see the same thing, but not until I get to the narrow responsive breakpoint. I think some different styling on that element might fix it.

display: table-cell; might not be optimum.

Hi @AndyB I would presume you are extremely busy but is there any chance you could have a look at fixing the huge white space above the title in mobile view if you make the image bigger? In my case I feel the image is better at a width of say 175px which causes the issue I listed in a post above

Great add on!
But it would be great if you could enhance one thing: I the view "What's new" or "New posts" the images are not shown.
would be grate to add an option to enhance it to this views too!

Attachments

• 2020-04-12 20_55_24-Windsurfen _ Surfbasar.webp
    2020-04-12 20_55_24-Windsurfen _ Surfbasar.webp
    72.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 2020-04-12 20_55_43-(1) Classified forums _ XF2 Addons.webp
    2020-04-12 20_55_43-(1) Classified forums _ XF2 Addons.webp
    80.8 KB · Views: 30
Find the template andy_classified_forums.less and you'll see:
CSS:
.classified-forums {
    display: table-cell;
    padding: 10px 10px 5px 10px;