1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Class Action?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kim, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

I am surprised that there was not a Class action by Customers against IB for the whole vB4 pricing model debacle.

2. mjp

mjp Well-Known Member

In order to file a class action suit someone has to actually get up off their ass and do it. It's much easier to type in a forum somewhere that someone else should do it. And include you in any cash prizes, of course.

3. AnthonyCea

AnthonyCea Well-Known Member

That can still happen, and the fact that IB extended and validated that Jelsoft still exists is a very good thing, but since the license is drawn in England, a UK law firm is needed to pursue the case, I have already contacted US based law firms and they would not look at it due to the fact that the license is drawn under the laws of England.

4. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

That is an interesting point Anthony, if they have revived Jelsoft for their own purposes against xenforo... does it then open up them up to action by the 1000's of disgruntled vB owners?

5. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

We could pursue IB regardless .. since they bought jelsoft ... they bought their obligations and problems too

6. AnthonyCea

So you vB license holders in the UK need to get moving, that is the bottom line, once a case is opened Americans will jump in.

7. mjp

mjp Well-Known Member

Yeah! Get to work. We'll sit here and type.

8. AnthonyCea

You will most likely need a UK law firm to pursue any legal action though, not easy for a US based group, we need some owners in the UK to get the ball rolling.

9. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Well it's probably a lot harder to get a Class Action suit going in the UK, than the USA, but I am sure it is possible, and it certainly wouldn't have to be only UK license holders I wouldn't have thought.

10. AnthonyCea

No, but we need the UK owners to get the law firm and an initial case started, then US owners can be added as members to the class action.

11. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Heck, I'd even join in, as a holder of a now useless 3.X "owned" license.

12. AnthonyCea

You have rights under the old license agreement unless you agreed to new terms by downloading an update from IB.

13. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

I haven't downloaded or even been near vB for probably 18 months.

14. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

This is not a fabricated a claim .... This class action can be started in the US ... heck the same district in CA since vbulletin solutions is based in CA.

I have an attorney on retainer who can start the ball rolling for us

15. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Get it happening :D

Now that really would be an interesting turn of events!

16. AnthonyCea

17. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

PM me bits and pieces of the actual claim ... I'll make it happen

Walter and AmericanForum.com like this.
  18. John

John Well-Known Member

I'd join a class action. They killed my business with the 4.0 disaster to the tune of $1000's a month. A large class action with a huge damages demand is what is in order.

Jo., Shelley and Dragonfly like this.
  19. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

Please do :). I'd ask the vbtruth folks to get involved too.

20. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

Head over to the other site and let's get it rolling... I need to get my facts together so I could ask my attorney for the possible ways to proceed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.