Class Action?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you add a forum to vBTruth?

While I 'host' vbtruth, Veritas and Chronos runs the entire site. I only arranged to host them so that there are no financial transactions running around to identify who they are. Talk with either of them to see what can be done.

Ouch I feel for you Anthony. Hope it all works out.

It's true though.. I wish people cared more for each other and looked into others well being before theirs. If everyone or a majority of people did that in this world. We wouldn't have as many problems in the world as we do now.

But I guess as long as one person can show they care for others. Hopefully it will rub off on others.

And again if everyone start caring each other awesome things won't happen and we won't get to be part of something big and good .

People will ignore their misfortunes and their interests when they are in competition with their pleasures.
- French Proverb

Floris, if the mod's want to split the thread off to cover possible class action against IB they can.

The class action major claim would be the fact that Jelsoft is not honoring the original agreement of the "lifetime license" that both parties accepted upon the sale of the software, and the stipulation that Jelsoft for a yearly fee would give us the latest updates for our scripts.

To be honest, I was amazed that no-one challenged this when it happened... But yeah, as a previous owner of two leased licenses, count me in. I now own 1 VB4 and 1 VB3 owned license thanks to some nice chaps who were selling them 2nd hand! :)

Irrespective of the legal side, talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Why remove a license that has people paying you $x a year for one that is a one-off fee? If they had left that in place, I would still be paying it as would thousands of others. I bought 2nd hand licenses as many others did, so IB didn't see a further penny from me.

As i've said before, they have no business sense at all.

I've split this from the 'Current Litigation' thread, but please find an alternative forum on which to discuss this as soon as possible, XenForo.com really isn't the appropriate venue.

Please limit responses to this thread solely to posts directing people where the new discussion is located.

The news of a class action being prepared against IB may, just may be enough for them to think twice. They know that their case is weak to say the least (assuming they're not completely deluded) and the thought of thousands of owners suing them may make them reconsider...

Anyway, who's going to host this thread then as quite rightly XF isn't the place.

Lets get a forum ready so that these kind of conversations will not be on XenForo's site. I can fully understand Kier's position and respect it. This site is for XenForo.

Hopefully vBTruth can add a forum or some other venue can be found just for this topic.

If you guys want to create a class action I'll join up. However, there are a few provision in the VB License Agreement which, as far as software quality and bussiness issues are concerned, seem to release them from liability. Specifically:

Sorry for the caps in the first; it was a direct quote from the vb license agreement. Not sure about point 11, but I know point 9 was in the license agreement dating back to the VB 3 series. Basically, find a lawyer to find a loophole around those two and we're gold (no pun intended :D ).

Not sure under U.S law but under our law (Australian) you can claim all sorts of disclaimers but if your product doesn't meet the requirements it's sold to meet then you are open to legal action. In order to buy vBulletin you would have a tacit agreement to that disclaimer, that would invoke our laws against forcing someone into a contract as well. Have no idea how it works up North.

I think we got the ball rolling now. Looks like it will be a forum added to vBTruth. That way the topic will not be in the way of XenForo.com being a pure XenForo promotion forum.

I think we got the ball rolling now. Looks like it will be a forum added to vBTruth. That way the topic will not be in the way of XenForo.com being a pure XenForo promotion forum.

Veritas and I spoke earlier. So anyways, I need to switch servers as I'm getting rid of my older one. So what's going to happen is that I've move vbtruth to a new server and I'll be letting Veritas use one of my xenforo licenses till I need it.

It looks like Manger Josh and Veritas are able to get a place going. When the forum exists I suggest we take it over there and talk about how to go about doing this and how to try this for each region or what ever details need to be discussed. Then we can make this happen.

That will help keep XenForo.com clean and unclutered of this IB mess. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom