Class Action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim

I am surprised that there was not a Class action by Customers against IB for the whole vB4 pricing model debacle.

I am surprised that there was not a Class action by Customers against IB for the whole vB4 pricing model debacle.

That can still happen, and the fact that IB extended and validated that Jelsoft still exists is a very good thing, but since the license is drawn in England, a UK law firm is needed to pursue the case, I have already contacted US based law firms and they would not look at it due to the fact that the license is drawn under the laws of England.

That can still happen, and the fact that IB extended and validated that Jelsoft still exists is a very good thing, but since the license is drawn in England, a UK law firm is needed to pursue the case, I have already contacted US based law firms and they would not look at it due to the fact that the license is drawn under the laws of England.

That is an interesting point Anthony, if they have revived Jelsoft for their own purposes against xenforo... does it then open up them up to action by the 1000's of disgruntled vB owners?

That is an interesting point Anthony, if they have revived Jelsoft for their own purposes against xenforo... does it then open up them up to action by the 1000's of disgruntled vB owners?

We could pursue IB regardless .. since they bought jelsoft ... they bought their obligations and problems too

So you vB license holders in the UK need to get moving, that is the bottom line, once a case is opened Americans will jump in.

We could pursue IB regardless .. since they bought jelsoft ... they bought their obligations and problems too

You will most likely need a UK law firm to pursue any legal action though, not easy for a US based group, we need some owners in the UK to get the ball rolling.

Well it's probably a lot harder to get a Class Action suit going in the UK, than the USA, but I am sure it is possible, and it certainly wouldn't have to be only UK license holders I wouldn't have thought.

No, but we need the UK owners to get the law firm and an initial case started, then US owners can be added as members to the class action.

You have rights under the old license agreement unless you agreed to new terms by downloading an update from IB.

This is not a fabricated a claim .... This class action can be started in the US ... heck the same district in CA since vbulletin solutions is based in CA.

I have an attorney on retainer who can start the ball rolling for us

This is not a fabricated a claim .... This class action can be started in the US ... heck the same district in CA since vbulletin solutions is based in CA.

Get it happening :D

Now that really would be an interesting turn of events!

Please do :). I'd ask the vbtruth folks to get involved too.

Head over to the other site and let's get it rolling... I need to get my facts together so I could ask my attorney for the possible ways to proceed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom