Duplicate  CKEditor

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I hope Kier and Mike decide to use CKEditor as the default editor instead of TinyMCE in the next version of xenForo. If not, I hope someone can at least find a way for individuals to do it themselves.

Out of curiosity, have you done any alterations to the smiley manager Adam? Getting sick to death of the xf smiley manager (if you can call it that) to the point i'm envious of the smiley manager when i visit vb3 sites. Depressing to be honest.
What happened to the project you and Mutt were working on, the tabbed version of the Happy Place?

What happened to the project you and Mutt were working on, the tabbed version of the Happy Place?

Inph was the developer doing the happyplace initially which we both collaborated together on but he did all the developing (great respect for this guy). Kier maintained it and Mutt has posted some screenshots of his development version but last time i heard he had issues fixing up some stuff (which I can understand) as adam stated and i think this applies to all editors nobody should ever jhave to go through the pain touching the editors. To the point I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Mutt did say a few weeks back in a post he was going to look at using the tms with his add-on (smiley manager w.i.p) but I haven't heard anything since but he's doing/developing that solo.

Inph was the developer doing the happyplace initially which we both collaborated together on but he did all the developing (great respect for this guy). Kier maintained it and Mutt has posted some screenshots of his development version but last time i heard he had issues fixing up some stuff (which I can understand) as adam stated and i think this applies to all editors nobody should ever jhave to go through the pain touching the editors. To the point I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Mutt did say a few weeks back in a post he was going to look at using the tms with his add-on (smiley manager w.i.p) but I haven't heard anything since but he's doing/developing that solo.
Got it. Hope Mutt comes out with something good soon. :)

The goal is not to touch the editor, but rather "import" this into XenForo (think product add-on).

The editor is being left "as is" so that it can be developed and even updated easier (ideally so you could just download the next update directly from CKEditor, but we'll see if that is how the finish product comes out).

Would like to add at this time that I've hired someone to help produce CKEditor and that this is mostly only in the early concept developing stages.

I've tried to play with "happy place", but in my opinion it may need a complete re-write. On stock install of XenForo (no add-ons) and not using the sprite, it works "as is" (mostly), but outside of that.... issues... lots of them

Got it. Hope Mutt comes out with something good soon. :)

I do too. But realistically we really need this done via the core, by the developers. I don't want to worry whether the add-on will break making any smilies I add redundant. For example: when spritesheet smiley was implemented I jumped on that right away and later found out that the happyplace wouldn't support it so I had to re-add all individual smilies (which is a painful task). So realistically, a core improvement to anything smiley related needs to happen.

Still patiently waiting kind of but i think that is so far off, if ever it will be improved.

The goal is not to touch the editor, but rather "import" this into XenForo (think product add-on).

The editor is being left "as is" so that it can be developed and even updated easier (ideally so you could just download the next update directly from CKEditor, but we'll see if that is how the finish product comes out).

Would like to add at this time that I've hired someone to help produce CKEditor and that this is mostly only in the early concept developing stages.

I've tried to play with "happy place", but in my opinion it may need a complete re-write. On stock install of XenForo (no add-ons) and not using the sprite, it works "as is" (mostly), but outside of that.... issues... lots of them

Thanks for the info Adam. :) Yeah I've heard/been told the add-on needs a re-write by several devs. Oh well, *waits for the curiosity landing* :D

EDIT: I was ninja'd by Adam :ROFLMAO:

I just wanted to set some expectations as I don't want people to think this is more than it is, at this stage.

The screenshot above was the result of me spending no more than a quick 30 minutes hacking CKEditor into one of the templates using the default configuration.

It is potentially a long way away from being a finished product as most of the functions don't work. CKEditor creates everything in HTML, and XenForo doesn't like HTML...

EDIT: I was ninja'd by Adam :ROFLMAO:

I just wanted to set some expectations as I don't want people to think this is more than it is, at this stage.

The screenshot above was the result of me spending no more than a quick 30 minutes hacking CKEditor into one of the templates using the default configuration.

It is potentially a long way away from being a finished product as most of the functions don't work. CKEditor creates everything in HTML, and XenForo doesn't like HTML...

well I have to disagree. You have been working on it so my expectations have now risen. Yup my morale has shot right up and needless to say I just know you won't let us down Chris. 3 cheers for chris everyone. Hip hip... Horayy!! Hip hip... Horayy!! Hip hip... Horayy!! *puts chris on xmas card list* :LOL:

Kidding chris. If something fruitful comes along that's good. If not, that is also fine.

Top Bottom