1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Choose Default Editor - Rich Text or BBC

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Xarcell, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Xarcell

Xarcell Well-Known Member

I'd like to see an option to show which editor to use by default. The Rich Text Editor or BBC. I personally can't stand the Rich Text Editor. Especially if I edit a post that was written in BBC, then the rich text editor loads by default and alters my stuff.

2. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

id like it to be both an admin-defined default and a user preference. perhaps even an option to disable the rte full stop. it doesnt play well with chrome, and is causing me problems.

Dean likes this.
  3. Xarcell

Same here...

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Look in your preferences (here).

dieketzer likes this.
  5. James

James Well-Known Member

6. dieketzer

thats pretty good. im hoping to be able to toggle this (and watch threads) for the default preference of new users, assuming i cannot nix the rte full stop.

7. Xarcell

Cool, but there should be a setting to apply which is default for all user's. Just my 2 cents...

8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You should be able to do that with an SQL query for all existing users.
    For new users it may require a change to a file, possibly datawriter?

9. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Agreed, in addition the BBCode buttons are needed in the non-wysiwyg editor.

dieketzer likes this.
  10. dieketzer

id love the old vb editor.
    this tinymce editor is so bad with chrome that i am going to have to scrap my dark style and revert to a light style. this editor is pretty much making dark styles non-viable.