Child Forums

Sarus

Hello,

I have a question about how child forums work. Is there a way to have a forum with subforums (or child forums) and have the threads from the child forums appear in the parent forum?

For example, lets say the site is on cooking. I might have a forum layout like this:

All Cuisines (parent forum)
---> Japanese (child forum)
---> German (child forum)
---> French (child forum)
---> Italian (child forum)

What I'd like is that if the user clicks on the "All Cuisines" forum then they will see all posts from the child forums (Japanese, German, French and Italian) all mixed together (sorted by date or whatever the user prefers). If they click down into the Japanese forum they will only see posts that were made in that forum.

Essentially, the subforums act like filters and the parent forum is a rollup of the sub/child-forums. I played around with the demo but did not see an obvious way to set this up. Does anyone have a more definitive answer on whether or not this is possible?

Thanks!

Hello,

I have a question about how child forums work. Is there a way to have a forum with subforums (or child forums) and have the threads from the child forums appear in the parent forum?

For example, lets say the site is on cooking. I might have a forum layout like this:

All Cuisines (parent forum)
---> Japanese (child forum)
---> German (child forum)
---> French (child forum)
---> Italian (child forum)

What I'd like is that if the user clicks on the "All Cuisines" forum then they will see all posts from the child forums (Japanese, German, French and Italian) all mixed together (sorted by date or whatever the user prefers). If they click down into the Japanese forum they will only see posts that were made in that forum.

Essentially, the subforums act like filters and the parent forum is a rollup of the sub/child-forums. I played around with the demo but did not see an obvious way to set this up. Does anyone have a more definitive answer on whether or not this is possible?

Thanks!
YES, but you'll need to use this free modification to do it

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/all-topics-master-forums-global-topics.795/

Top Bottom