XF 1.5 Check resource usage by each addon

Historical

I'm wondering if this is possible? To check what addon is using the most resources and from the information be able to determine if the addon is needed or not.

I'm wondering if this is possible? To check what addon is using the most resources and from the information be able to determine if the addon is needed or not.

You can see how many times that add on has been purchased or downloaded. You can also check all the ratings and reviews that it has received. Or you can also read members posts and the developer 's replies in its support topic.

Or were you talking about something entirely different?

You can see how many times that add on has been purchased or downloaded. You can also check all the ratings and reviews that it has received. Or you can also read members posts and the developer 's replies in its support topic.

Or were you talking about something entirely different?
Yes, lol. I mean the resources it is using on the server.

In terms of resources what are you referring to? Debug mode let's you check queries and page loads etc. Give that a shot see what pops out.

Are you suffering from slowdowns or is it just routine maintenance?

In terms of resources what are you referring to? Debug mode let's you check queries and page loads etc. Give that a shot see what pops out.

Are you suffering from slowdowns or is it just routine maintenance?
Slowdowns, according to my host I'm at certain poins peaking at 160% CPU usage. Checked this in the logs and I'm assuming it's one of the addons. I tried Debug mode but it doesent really tell me much unless I'm reading it incorrectly, not really sure how to read it :P

Yes, lol. I mean the resources it is using on the server.

My appologies for the misunderstanding sir.

Slowdowns, according to my host I'm at certain poins peaking at 160% CPU usage. Checked this in the logs and I'm assuming it's one of the addons. I tried Debug mode but it doesent really tell me much unless I'm reading it incorrectly, not really sure how to read it :p

If you place your forum in debug mode, as adviced above, at the bottom of the page you will see the number of queries. By disabling add ons one at a time, you can notice how many queries that particular add on has added to the page load.

What add ons do you have installed, if one can ask?

The auto link titles I don't believe to be necessary any longer as the latest version of XF introduced this. @Chris D can you confirm if that addon has anything the core XF doesn't have feature-wise?

So, I got a response back from my host. They checked the logs and managed to find what is causing the issues I'm having with CPU usage. At times I peak to 160% CPU usage. This is the log I was sent from my host:

Code:
2631   200   POST /index.php?liveupdate
2591   200   POST /index.php?chat/refresh

Ofcourse I have removed the other ones that do not have a big impact on the CPU or Ram.

Top Bottom